Thoughts on Ludwig b/o green sparkle jazzfest on eBay??

Sjc3070

Anyone seen a b/o jazzfest in green sparkle sell? I’ve only ever seen keystone and definitely none as vibrant and fade free. I’ve had this drum about a year trying to track down a kit to surround it with with no luck. Thanks!

Last edited:

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
It's nice enough, but an 8-lug snare from the '70s is not such a big deal. Also, $500 is an extremely optimistic starting bid. I'd be surprised if it sells.

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
Just post it in the classified section. It's yours. No reason to act like you found it on Ebay and set up an account here just to tell people about a snare you saw online.

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Yep and same email address. That’s why I said what I said. But it IS a lot of money for that. :)

Sjc3070

Appreciate the kind words. I edited the body wasn’t sure if I could post with it being an auction in the classifieds. Thanks for the opinions! Still learning the rules on here! Thanks

Sjc3070

I’d be happy to delete this thread and post only in the classifieds if that’s more appropriate. Having trouble locating how to go about that. Thanks!

Rattlin' Bones

Gold Member
It would help if you had a pic of interior of the drum. $500 I don't think so. Does it have re-rings? A shot of interior would reveal that. If no re-rings then it's just a common 70's era wooden Ludwig snare. If it has re-rings then at least it's a thinner shell and worth a bit more. But $500 I'm just not sure.

Sjc3070

It would help if you had a pic of interior of the drum. $500 I don't think so. Does it have re-rings? A shot of interior would reveal that. If no re-rings then it's just a common 70's era wooden Ludwig snare. If it has re-rings then at least it's a thinner shell and worth a bit more. But $500 I'm just not sure.
Interior photo added. It’s 3 ply granitone as the ad states. I’m not sure on the $500 either as there haven’t been sold publicly that I’ve seen. One was posted and sold for $800 obo several years ago but who knows the offer. Appreciate for the advice.

Rattlin' Bones

Gold Member
I see the re-rings.

Looking at catalogs, they stopped making them in 1973. The latest catalog I see doesn't offer a sparkle wrap only pearls or lacquers.