This Strikes Me as a Poor Idea.

I agree - very bad idea.

But isn't there a small part of you that wonders what it would be like to hop up there and try out that kit?

Kind of like when you're a kid and know that licking frozen your metal will end up with your tongue frozen to it, or that eating a really hot pepper will make you gag and cry but still you sort of want to try for yourself? But this is better cause it involves a trampoline.

Maybe it's just me.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I don't like it when drummers make themselves out to be circus freaks. I can't take him seriously.

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
One would have to cut BR some slack, he started in vaudeville at 18 months old... pretty much a circus freak. Billed as 'Traps the Drum Wonder' at the peak of Rich's childhood career, he was reportedly the second-highest paid child entertainer in the world.

Dude in the vid might be a motocross rider or something, making his drumming more fun.

Entertainment is all about getting/holding peoples attention, its done with loud noises/explosions (yelling, screaming), fire, flashing lights, you see all of this employed on TV and in movies. A bouncing drum set does get peoples attention.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I say it's all entertainment. You don't have to like it. But without Buddy having done his stunt, you wouldn't have had guys like Tommy Lee doing the same thing 20 years later, eh?

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I guess it's OK for others. To me the standard of entertainment is just way too low to support. A very dismal form of entertainment IMO. Yea, I guess I'm officially old now lol.

Anon La Ply

Renegade
Like Leanne, I would love to get up there and try it.

I imagine trying to play a whole gig on it would be exhausting and it would take a lot of work to learn to play tightly using that contraption. Probably be good for the abs ... hmmm

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
I guess it's OK for others. To me the standard of entertainment is just way too low to support. A very dismal form of entertainment IMO. Yea, I guess I'm officially old now lol.
Agree Uncle Larry... and I'm not getting any younger, perhaps it's time I buy myself a cowbell :)

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
There's a great vid of a guy juggling while playing just a killer groove. Now that I can get on board with, because it's a real coordination feat. Spinning around upside down is an adjustment I'm sure, but it can't compare. It lacks any real skill.

Now get off my lawn. What am I heating the whole neighborhood? And go and get me some cheese whiz boy!