This is why you need Ludwig drums

Jon Cable

Silver Member
Thats Jackie Chans father Chim Inee; he supported their family for years by drumming and busking before they could raise the money to emigrate to Hong Kong and help Jackie on the way to stardom......

Nodiggie

Gold Member
I'll have whatever he's having.

I'm pretty sure they were South cause the last time I checked, the North would throw your can in prison for head bangin' like that in public. lol

My fav part was when they hit 2x and the guitar player was tryin' to catch up.... that was classic.

bonzolead

Platinum Member
Thats Jackie Chans father Chim Inee; he supported their family for years by drumming and busking before they could raise the money to emigrate to Hong Kong and help Jackie on the way to stardom......
you gotta be kidding me the man knows how too have a good time behind the kit LOL.by the way how did you're gig go recently? everything seem Ok?

Bonzolead

bonzolead

Platinum Member
I'll have whatever he's having.

I'm pretty sure they were South cause the last time I checked, the North would throw your can in prison for head bangin' like that in public. lol

My fav part was when they hit 2x and the guitar player was tryin' to catch up.... that was classic.
Nice,But I think i'll have HALF of what he having LOL

Bonzolead

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
I have a gig this Saturday. I've been studying his moves all afternoon. I'm gonna start a whole new drumming craze here in Connecticut.
Do you think that the technique will work on a Gretsch kit?
Do you think that he would do an instruction video for the forum?

Last edited:

TheGroceryman

Silver Member

great idea! im gonna steal it before the guys at tornado chops do it. i can envision it now:

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO: ART OF HEADBANGING. in just 10 seconds you can learn how to bang your head so hard, it'll cause an earthquake! inspired by the korean master himself who resurrected a 5 billion year old secret!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and no, the earth is not only 4 billion years old, its actually much older).

Muckster

Platinum Member
I have a gig this Saturday. I've been studying his moves all afternoon. I'm gonna start a whole new drumming craze here in Connecticut.
Do you think that the technique will work on a Gretsch kit?

Simply chug a gallon of water before you go on stage. the moves and facial expressions will come naturally.

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
We've all heard the expression. "I once played so fast that my arms fell off" how about.
"I once played so hard that my head fell off, I never did that again."

dc2

That video is the funniest thing I've seen in quite a while.....thanks for a good laugh!

aydee

Platinum Member
I don't get it.

He's playing in time, he's got decent chops, and is playing well considering the crappy tune. He's enjoying the moment, interacting with the audience and he's doing the impossible...stealing the show from the lead singer!

What more could a drummer possibly want? ( Except maybe to get out of that white suit )

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
I love this video. I've shown it to new bands that I join as an example of stage presence. There's no looking away from the stage while this guy is on it. My favorite part is the pointing at around 1:10 to 1:20.
There are two people that I play with that lack stage presence. I'm going to email them this link. Thank you.

kwolf68

Hahah. That's why I could never get into Korean music...that band charted #4 on the speed metal charts last month. :)

That was one funny vid to watch.

bonzolead

Platinum Member
I don't get it.

He's playing in time, he's got decent chops, and is playing well considering the crappy tune. He's enjoying the moment, interacting with the audience and he's doing the impossible...stealing the show from the lead singer!

What more could a drummer possibly want? ( Except maybe to get out of that white suit )
Exactly,Stage presence is all part of the it.well at least some of it.LOL I guess I like seeing people especially musicians having a good time.

Bonzolead

basscase

That dude is making the best of a really bad situation. I give him credit. If I was stuck back there I would just be looking at the ground and hoping the gig gets over soon....

mikei

Gold Member
That guys is the man.

What a showman.

I would love to see that guy play anything.

Mike