This is my first thread posting....of my band

Whoar there Bob - prog heaven, & delivered with such skill. Man, you got yourself some classy chops there. I love that little hihat to snare fill ditty you do. Band work really well too. I can only imagine how this would sound with improved recording quality. Stunning mate - really :)

BTW, two kits, is that your drum room?

5 DW stars from me, & I love the comment at the end, "that was pretty cool" - Wrong, that was very very cool! Andy's listening to that again right now :)

Whoar there Bob - prog heaven, & delivered with such skill. Man, you got yourself some classy chops there. I love that little hihat to snare fill ditty you do. Band work really well too. I can only imagine how this would sound with improved recording quality. Stunning mate - really :)

5 DW stars from me, & I love the comment at the end, "that was pretty cool" - Wrong, that was very very cool! Andy's listening to that again right now :)
Wow, nothing more to say except +1 to all the above!
And yeah, pity about the video quality- time to record another one perhaps? : )

I thank you for the kind word. You are correct, the video/sound quality sucks. That is our rehearsal studio. I don't have the 2 kits set up there anymore, just one now but I have 4 more kits set up in the house. I live alone and am happily divorced so no wifey to complain about all the drums. I have another Jeff Beck tune we cover (Led Boots) and will try to post here real soon. My son is the guitarist and as a band we do mostly rock/fusion instrumental with a number of original pieces in our repertoire.

Wow, nothing more to say except +1 to all the above!
And yeah, pity about the video quality- time to record another one perhaps? : )

Ok, here are a few more....the first one is a band original called Nice Dreams, the second is a piece from a popular TV show from the late 70's call Barney Miller....hope you like 'em.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gF57QiGD7w&list=UU4pztCZ7OLiu5F3WDiKXKSw&index=3&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1toOnG6rzo&feature=relmfu

Fantastic- I really like this style of playing. Nice and tasty funk grooves. Not enough drummers are laying it down like that..

The whole band sounds kick ass, by the way.

I thank you for the comments Zero, they are greatly appreciated and provide a world of inspiration. I will try to add some more here in the not too distant future. We really have a good time playing this stuff. It doesn't conform to any one particular genre but appeals across a wider range of musical ear. We get really good responses from the crowds we play for. They all say it's different and refreshing.

Just fantastic!
Great playing, awesome sounding kit, and nice mix.
Would love more info about your setup. Brands, shells, sizes, heads, cymbals. etc.
Thanks for sharing!

Just fantastic!
Great playing, awesome sounding kit, and nice mix.
Would love more info about your setup. Brands, shells, sizes, heads, cymbals. etc.
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for watching and commenting on the vids. Your comments are greatly appreciated. The setups in thes vids were: (Freeway Jam) Ludwig clear acrylic. that setup consisted of (2) 16x22 bass drums, 8x10, 9x12 rack toms, 14x14, 16x16 floor toms, 61/2x14 Ludwig Chromalloy Supersensative snare. The heads were Aquarian, the cymbals were a mix of Sabians, Paiste and Zildjians. 13" Zildjian mastersound A series hats, Zildjian 14" crash, Ziljian 15" crash, Paiste 16" Alpha crash, 17" Zildjian K crash, 22 Sabian HHX ride, 16" Zildjian A custom China, and Zildjian 8" & 10" splashes. The hardware are Ludwig 9600 series stands, the hi hat is the Ludwig Pro-float stand and the pedals are Ludwig double chain single pedals. For the other vids the set up was: Pearl Reference series in Garnite glass sparkle, (1) 18x22 bass drum, 8x10, 9x12 rack toms, 14x14, 15x15 floor toms, 61/2x14 Pearl Reference brass snare. The heads were also Aquarian, the cymbals were the same as the Ludwig setup. The stands were all Pearl 2000 series hardware and the pedal was a double chained Eliminator double pedal. All the drums were miked with Audix micro D mics except the bass drums which was and Audix D-6.

Last edited:

Andy, here is another vid (I think you have heard of this tune). It's a cover version of Hocus Pocus but we do it in the vane of Gary Hoey (A little harder edge). I hope you like it. It is a little older so the video and sound quality are poor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1lhmY_Bsiw

Andy, here is another vid (I think you have heard of this tune). It's a cover version of Hocus Pocus but we do it in the vane of Gary Hoey (A little harder edge). I hope you like it. It is a little older so the video and sound quality are poor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1lhmY_Bsiw
Just as I was about to chastise you for the criminally low levels applied to the mix of your quadrupedal lead vocalist ;) ;) :) ------------------

Superb Lee, & yes, I know this number very well. Focus were the very first "real" band I ever got into. I think I was 13 at the time (ahem). Anyhow, I went to see Focus play live twice in the following years, & was greatly inspired by them. The drum parts to Hocus Pocus rank as one of the most underrated pieces of kit playing of all time IMO. Punishingly difficult to replicate the original. I know you didn't try to do that, you had your own spin on the track, & I thought you did a great job. Maybe a little overdoing switching the backbeat in the "verse" for my liking, but overall, bloody fantastic!!!! Great to hear these old prog standards wheeled out into the modern world :) Now where's my ELP collection, ah, here it is ---- Brain Salad Surgery, that'll keep me occupied for a while ;)

BTW, loving your son's guitar style. Skills & restraint = tasty player. Got his sounds nailed down too. You must be very proud :)

Just as I was about to chastise you for the criminally low levels applied to the mix of your quadrupedal lead vocalist ;) ;) :) ------------------

Superb Lee, & yes, I know this number very well. Focus were the very first "real" band I ever got into. I think I was 13 at the time (ahem). Anyhow, I went to see Focus play live twice in the following years, & was greatly inspired by them. The drum parts to Hocus Pocus rank as one of the most underrated pieces of kit playing of all time IMO. Punishingly difficult to replicate the original. I know you didn't try to do that, you had your own spin on the track, & I thought you did a great job. Maybe a little overdoing switching the backbeat in the "verse" for my liking, but overall, bloody fantastic!!!! Great to hear these old prog standards wheeled out into the modern world :) Now where's my ELP collection, ah, here it is ---- Brain Salad Surgery, that'll keep me occupied for a while ;)

BTW, loving your son's guitar style. Skills & restraint = tasty player. Got his sounds nailed down too. You must be very proud :)

Again, thanks Andy for your insightful analogies, they are spot on and appreciated from someone who obviously has a very good grasp of the music and can be very objective. As to my son....I'm a very proud papa. As to our 4-legged vocalist, if you notice he comes and goes as he pleases and many times he forgets the words....;)

Back