This is how to REALLY mic a snare!!

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Hey - there's THREE Shure SM57s on there. Maybe that's recording the signal that would actually be used ;)

Naigewron

Platinum Member
If this is a microphone test - don't all those mics have a significant influence
on how the drum sounds?
Probably, but at least it will impact all mics the same way. Could still prove to be a valid test of the properties of each mic.

...assuming this is some form of mic test and not just a funny picture, of course :)

SquadLeader

Gold Member
Is this the Press Conference which the snare drum was forced to attend after Portnoy's hissy fit...

"errr....yeah man.......and then the kook just like flipped out......and threw me onto the ground"

Sjogras

Silver Member
I wonder if all those mics interfere with the acoustics of the drum itself. But it would be nice to compare them all :)

KarlCrafton

Platinum Member
What??!!? The bottom head gets ignored? Again??!!??

Or.....

"...Even the Supra didn't know JUST how popular he was.... It was the beginnings of Surpamania....."
Supra never said he was "more popular than Jesus" like Lennon, but the was known to be played by GADD ;-)

longgun

Gold Member
Is this the Press Conference which the snare drum was forced to attend after Portnoy's hissy fit...

"errr....yeah man.......and then the kook just like flipped out......and threw me onto the ground"
That was great............still laughing