This is a cool look

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
For those of you beginning to hate that black/silver/red look:

DW CBE 1.jpgDW CBE 2.jpgDW CBE 3.jpg
I couldn't help myself. I like this all metal look even though I know it won't make me play any better. I was beginning to hate the black and red motif. If anybody wants one, these (along with a matching 5000 hi-hat stand) are available only through the Chicago Music Exchange.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I'm sorry, are you trying to tell me that I don't know how to use blast media? That I haven't been doing this for 30 years? I think you're sorely mistaken. FYI, blast media is how DW finishes the raw casting before it's painted.
If I were, say, a thin skinned bully gameshow host, I might be insulted. ;)
Oh no I’m not saying that. I’m just saying it’ll look like a one-off to my working class ways. I wouldn’t hassle one person to do something unique just for me. I feel better when they come from an assembly line 😉

CommanderRoss

Silver Member
I don't mind the red/black deal as I have a matched set. If it were a Frankenstein deal, I'd go this route just to match it all up.

CommanderRoss

Silver Member
Of course, nobody but me will ever see that when I’m playing.
Exactly.
Maybe some photog will snap a shot of your kit pre-gig, but that's a big maybe. I've learned over the years that audience members really don't care about as much as the band thinks they do.
They're just there to have a good time & as long as the band is delivering, it'saul goodman.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Exactly.
Maybe some photog will snap a shot of your kit pre-gig, but that's a big maybe. I've learned over the years that audience members really don't care about as much as the band thinks they do.
They're just there to have a good time & as long as the band is delivering, it'saul goodman.
Don’t tell Andy and the Guru brigade 😉