This forum is upside down

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
If you look at earth on a map "up" is the North Pole-if standing on earth no matter where you are you point up away from it. If looking at galaxy or our place in universe I have no idea where "up' is. I think it's upside down-there I said it.

mattsmith

Platinum Member
Nice to know there's another old timer out there. There is some history in these pages for sure. The Matt Smith stuff got particularly nasty at one point. I was a member on another (non-public) forum and he disclosed some of the things that had happened outside of what we saw around the Internet at the time. It's great to see Matt's made a really good career for himself, even if he doesn't post here any more.

I like going through old threads and seeing when people I remember from those days last logged in. Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised to see they're still here.

Here's to another 18 years.
LOL I remember. Those were the days. Good to see you Duncan.

GretschedHive

Silver Member
If you look at earth on a map "up" is the North Pole-if standing on earth no matter where you are you point up away from it. If looking at galaxy or our place in universe I have no idea where "up' is. I think it's upside down-there I said it.
91HRJNgf7XL.jpg

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
Exactly!!!!!!!!!! Explains everything - like why the forum is upside down. People don’t say what’s up now - it’s what’s going down. It could flip ever so many million years and oscillate over time.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
This is a nightmare because now I'm classified as a "northerner."

as long as I am still a "Great Lakes State" guy, I don't care where I am in refeence to the rest of the world. No Salt. No Sharks. No Problem!!

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
Man, Myrtle has gotten so trashy, hasn’t it? I remember when it was very family-friendly

Yes. Last year, my wife and I decided to do a quick get-away down there for a couple of nights. On the second night, a cop was shot and killed on the same block we stayed.

The band I'm in has played A LOT of shows down there. We played on place that had bullet holes in the windows. Most places that have music down there are just trashy. I've played at 10 different venues around that area, and I'd only go back to maybe one or two at best. I think we are sort of done down there for a while. What's so crazy is that it's very difficult to break into whatever music scene is down there, but once you do, it's like all the other bands and solo artists aren't that great (at least the ones I've heard are not that good). The CAT 5 band that's located down there is good, but they are just a "party band" which is what people want. I think MB had a pretty decent music scene up until the mid 1990s maybe. I mean, Alabama got their start at the Bowery down there, but it ain't what it used to be.

These days are long gone, my friend.

Last edited:

Stroman

Platinum Member
Yes. Last year, my wife and I decided to do a quick get-away down there for a couple of nights. On the second night, a cop was shot and killed on the same block we stayed.

The band I'm in has played A LOT of shows down there. We played on place that had bullet holes in the windows. Most places that have music down there just trashy. I've played at 10 different venues around that area, and I'd only go back to maybe one or two at best. I think we are sort of done down there for a while. What's so crazy is that it's very difficult to break into whatever music scene is down there, but once you do, it's like all the other bands and solo artists aren't that great (at least the ones I've heard are not that good). The CAT 5 band that's located down there is good, but they are just a "party band" which is what people want. I think MB had a pretty decent music scene up until the mid 1990s maybe. I mean, Alabama got their start at the Bowery down there, but it ain't what it used to be.

That's very sad to hear. I haven't been there for many years, but when I was kid we had a standing reservation at the Fountainbleu Inn. We went every summer up to about 1980. I loved it!

someguy01

Platinum Member

The band I'm in has played A LOT of shows down there. We played on place that had bullet holes in the windows. Most places that have music down there just trashy. I've played at 10 different venues around that area, and I'd only go back to maybe one or two at best. I think we are sort of done down there for a while. What's so crazy is that it's very difficult to break into whatever music scene is down there, but once you do, it's like all the other bands and solo artists aren't that great (at least the ones I've heard are not that good). The CAT 5 band that's located down there is good, but they are just a "party band" which is what people want. I think MB had a pretty decent music scene up until the mid 1990s maybe. I mean, Alabama got their start at the Bowery down there, but it ain't what it used to be.

Interesting. My parents live there and the city ran out all the strip clubs, leaned on the bars, and pushed for making it all family friendly vacation area.
Thing is, there's no work there unless you're a server, retail clerk, or hospitality worker. No one pays more than minimum wage, the tax base is a joke, and the politicians at every level have made corruption an art form. These things lead to rises in crime. Not to mention the meth/fentanyl problem.
The city ran out the bikers from Harley week claiming they were a crime problem and in doing so put several bars and hotels out of business and handed Murrel's Inlet a boatload of business because they all went there.
That entire area has mastered cutting off their nose to spite their face.
Also, it's not just the music scene that's exclusive, it's everything. If you ain't Jimmy Bob's cousin you ain't gettin' a job or even an interview.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
Interesting. My parents live there and the city ran out all the strip clubs, leaned on the bars, and pushed for making it all family friendly vacation area.
Thing is, there's no work there unless you're a server, retail clerk, or hospitality worker. No one pays more than minimum wage, the tax base is a joke, and the politicians at every level have made corruption an art form. These things lead to rises in crime. Not to mention the meth/fentanyl problem.
The city ran out the bikers from Harley week claiming they were a crime problem and in doing so put several bars and hotels out of business and handed Murrel's Inlet a boatload of business because they all went there.
That entire area has mastered cutting off their nose to spite their face.
Also, it's not just the music scene that's exclusive, it's everything. If you ain't Jimmy Bob's cousin you ain't gettin' a job or even an interview.

No way would I take my family there now. If the hotel was free, maybe. That’s about the only way.