This forum is upside down

Superman

Gold Member
I am absolutely appalled that the moderators think it is their job to block healthy debate and close down discussions without explanation or justification. I am also appalled that this has turned into a good old boys club. Certain people on here get treated differently than others and it's BS. Certain people get happy birthday wishes while others don't. Certain people (Bo) come on here and start threads that openly bash people on Facebook by name while not giving them an opportunity to defend themselves. But that's ok because he is friends with the moderators and can do whatever he wants. Yet I know another member who was banned for basically no reason. When members drop off, people say its a shame, but no one mentions that it is because the don't feel very valuable on here. Whether you make 1 post or 10,000 and whether you have been a member for 15 years or 15 minutes, we should all be treated the same. I'm sure no one cares but I'm about to leave this place.

Ransan

I am absolutely appalled that the moderators think it is their job to block healthy debate and close down discussions without explanation or justification. I am also appalled that this has turned into a good old boys club. Certain people on here get treated differently than others and it's BS. Certain people get happy birthday wishes while others don't. Certain people (Bo) come on here and start threads that openly bash people on Facebook by name while not giving them an opportunity to defend themselves. But that's ok because he is friends with the moderators and can do whatever he wants. Yet I know another member who was banned for basically no reason. When members drop off, people say its a shame, but no one mentions that it is because the don't feel very valuable on here. Whether you make 1 post or 10,000 and whether you have been a member for 15 years or 15 minutes, we should all be treated the same. I'm sure no one cares but I'm about to leave this place.
I’m sorry you feel down buddy.

bud7h4

Silver Member
I don't really enjoy the "debate" threads. I allow myself to get sucked in, then I always leave with a bad taste because I don't enjoy arguing with friends. I never click the "post reply" button and think "yeah! I really set that guy straight."

As for any unequal treatment, that kinda happens everywhere.

Last edited:

Frank Godiva

It’s interesting to note that some folks here are also members of Drum Forum Online. Many will post the same topics, use the same name and act the same in both forums.

Others I have noticed, seem to post here “like they own the place” and have to give their opinions on virtually every post (especially SCT aka Stage Custom Trashing) because they act like “they own the place.” On DFO those same people, I have noticed; don’t act so foolish; especially around personal attacks.

Come over to DFO where the adult drummers hang out and folks treat each other with respect.

Last edited:

Stroman

Platinum Member
I hate to tune in on one small part of your post first, but what thread did Bo start that bashed somebody on FB? Not that I'm doubting you, I just missed it.

As for the rest, IDK. I'm pretty much in favor of fairly heavy moderation, because in my experience unmoderated people quickly become a$$holes and morons. I'd swing the ban-hammer harder than the present lot, and do it with relish. But then, there's a reason I don't aspire to be an unpaid underappreciated moderator.

I guarantee you no one got banned for "no reason." A reason you don't agree with, perhaps.

And yes, there's favoritism and somewhat of a good-ol-boy's club. That is how humans interact, for good or ill. If you join in and just talk about stuff you like, there's plenty of value here. One of the best forums I've ever experienced, in fact.

I hope you choose to stay, and become less unhappy with things. It really is a good place.

cbphoto

Diamond Member
I'm sure no one cares but I'm about to leave this place.
Before you do, try the IGNORE option. It‘s very effective in improving the signal-to-noise ratio. I’m ignoring some members and I’m sure I’m ignored by some, and it’s no big deal.

Another way to look at it is, everything here is imaginary. What is posted and consumed by my brain has the potential affect me a certain way, but nothing here is real. It’s just bytes ordered in a particular way representing text on an electronic screen. Similar to what Dave Chappelle stated about Twitter, “Twitter is not a real place”.

If and how I react to posts is my choice.

TK-421

I hate to tune in on one small part of your post first, but what thread did Bo start that bashed somebody on FB? Not that I'm doubting you, I just missed it.

Or was it this one?

larryace

"Uncle Larry" - Administrator
Staff member
Nothing and nobody is going to be 100% how you want them to be. Ever. More like 30% on average is my guess

In my life I use the 80/20 rule. If it's minimal 80% positive, as judged by myself, then it's well worth keeping. Here, I'd say it's near 95% good. Nothing is perfect. I would remind everyone here that anyone who gets banned did something to deserve it. Believe me when I tell you that we don't ban willy nilly. It's discussed with at least 4 people. Personally, I really have a problem with banning anyone, but the job calls for it sometimes. I have no desire to police every post from every member. I count on the maturity of the members to help the place out. 95% of it is good stuff. It doesn't get much better than that. Supergrobi does so much work that no one knows about. Spammers and malevolent people are a constant attack. We're lucky to have him. We all have to just suck it up sometimes. I hate to even go here but Chris is right, the ignore button is included for a reason.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
man, if people can't handle this forum, the rest of the interwebs must be a nightmare. Over the past 30 years, I have been on - and off of - quite a few forums, and this is - by far - one of the best ones as far as moderation, and not allowing internet chaf to get real bad...trolling is at a minimum here ,as well as spamming etc...

I have always found sports forums to be the worst....

this one, Talk Bass and TacomaWorld are the best ones I have been a part of

just my humble opinion

RVN

The people that annoy me here the most, that I should ignore... I don't. They intrigue me and I want to see what everyone has to say even if they annoy me. I realize everyone is at a different place on their journey in life. So, it's okay by me. When the whole place annoys me I just surf around and take a break.

Don't go @Superman, I'm intrigued by what you have to say!

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I guess my notoriety is fairly large if I’m being named in threads. But get your info straight: I’m not friends with all the moderators. I’d like to think nobody (else) seems to mind what I bring up because I bring up good stuff to talk about. If I push it and upset somebody, then I figure I’m entitled (like the OP) and accept responsibility for it.

But I’m not leaving and will continue to do what I do. I do not recognize cancel culture. If a moderator wants to have a private chat with me, then that’ll be fine and I’ll abide by whatever ruling they want. But I’m not gonna cave because someone got butt-hurt by anything I say.

How’s that for throwing gas on a fire?

lefty2

Platinum Member
I've been a member for quite a few yrs. and I've never experienced anything against me. Sure I'm not as popular as some, so my posts don't get as much attention. Maybe they are dumb, I don't know but usually the people that get blocked are blocked for a good reason. In fact as a nobody drummer I feel like I'm treated pretty good on this forum. I've sure learned a lot. Some people know right where the line is and they get close but never cross it. Other people have no idea where the line is and think they a treated badly when they do cross the line. It must be hard for the moderators some times, because everyone thinks they are in the right. Well a lot of people anyway.

Benthedrummer

Superman.......what you have done takes a lot of courage and I really respect you for it.

You've essentially put your feelings out in the open and have exposed any vulnerability for other members to see.

It is the ultimate way to be heard.

Please, I beseech you not to leave......I mean that sincerely.

Why?

All members on here make up a certain collective that forms the forum.

It's kinda like an ecosystem......all parts work together.

But ultimately, the issue here is how you are feeling......I shouldn't really be trying to change your mind or convince you to stay.

You have so many awesome posts on here.

It's members like you, Darth, Bo, C.M Jones, C Dave Run, Todd Bishop, Larry and Pork Pie Guy that add certain qualities that guide and help dinkie members like me.

I'm so sorry that you want to leave.......

You are well respected by a lot of members, I'm one of them.

You can PM me anytime if you want to have a chat off the record......I don't know if I can help, but I'll try my best.

Stroman

Platinum Member

Or was it this one?
Could be, the second one, especially.

Still, why care about Bo's thread, really? I don't think it stayed because he's friends with the moderators. I think stayed because it's small potatoes in a big world. It's chatter, and that's what forums are about, I suppose.

IDK. The world is wearying, lol.

How 'bout them O's?? (Any Baltimore residents will know what I'm sayin. Lol)

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
Could be, the second one, especially.

Still, why care about Bo's thread, really? I don't think it stayed because he's friends with the moderators. I think stayed because it's small potatoes in a big world. It's chatter, and that's what forums are about, I suppose.

IDK. The world is wearying, lol.

gotta have thick skin and a sense of humor to have survived the last 8 years!!!

How 'bout them O's?? (Any Baltimore residents will know what I'm sayin. Lol)

at least you have a team to talk about!!! My team is 3-14 right now... 😑 :poop:...but we are used to it. 1990 was the last "season of worth" for us Reds fans

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
..Certain people on here get treated differently than others and it's BS…….I'm sure no one cares but I'm about to leave this place…

Has always been like that and will always be like that..

Each internet forum has a group of people, the hardcore member group, who seem to live for being important on that forum…

I even had the biggest lunatic shouting to me in pm that “we are not wanting you here”……..the fact that he could not say who are ‘we’ made me feel more sorry for him than myself……

Regarding ‘no one cares’…:

This is not meant personally to you, because i have no idea who you are, but no one really cares about ANY member staying or leaving….thats my honest opinion…

Take the biggest ‘forum star’ you can imagine…and trust me, once they just stop posting, after a week no one cares anymore and the next ‘forum star’ will arrive…

Thats just kinda how is….

Stroman

Platinum Member
Has always been like that and will always be like that..

Each internet forum has a group of people, the hardcore member group, who seem to live for being important on that forum…

I even had the biggest lunatic shouting to me in pm that “we are not wanting you here”……..the fact that he could not say who are ‘we’ made me feel more sorry for him than myself……

Regarding ‘no one cares’…:

This is not meant personally to you, because i have no idea who you are, but no one really cares about ANY member staying or leaving….thats my honest opinion…

Take the biggest ‘forum star’ you can imagine…and trust me, once they just stop posting, after a week no one cares anymore and the next ‘forum star’ will arrive…

Thats just kinda how is….
I agree with this post.

The only way to enjoy Internet forums is to recognize them and accept them for what they are, and what they aren't.