This felt great!

Sounds great Andy. awesome job. Good to see you playing.
Thanks. Enjoyment was enhanced by the superb organisation & welcoming nature of the festival team. We also felt very safe. Everyone attending had to have taken a PCR test within 3 days prior to arrival, and also undertake a lateral flow test every time they entered the site (4 day festival). We didn't need the prior PCR test, but we were tested on arrival. Atmosphere inside was very relaxed, actually felt a bit weird after the last 15 months.

Nice playing Andy. I would give 5 stars had we got through Hold The Line. WTF?

I liked what I saw. :)

Stonehenge? I guess that's an OK gig lol.

I'm actually very envious of that. Way. To. Go.

The band sounds...like you guys didn't have 15 months off.

And you got Kenny Aronoff to play bass! Nice!

I really wish everyone could see you, and the keyboardist...That's not fair to us or the audience ha ha.

More lighting and a bit less smoke for the backline please.

Andy, the band keeps climbing upwards, and your playing...wow

You are sounding better than ever. Really great to see that.

wait...like at THE Stonehenge? Holy crap. That is one of my "meccas"!! Totally jealous!!

Nice playing Andy. I would give 5 stars had we got through Hold The Line. WTF?
Fair point, but the organisers wanted 3 or 4 short clips.
I liked what I saw. :)

Stonehenge? I guess that's an OK gig lol.

I'm actually very envious of that. Way. To. Go.

The band sounds...like you guys didn't have 15 months off.

And you got Kenny Aronoff to play bass! Nice!

I really wish everyone could see you, and the keyboardist...That's not fair to us or the audience ha ha.

More lighting and a bit less smoke for the backline please.

Andy, the band keeps climbing upwards, and your playing...wow

You are sounding better than ever. Really great to see that.
Thanks Larry :) 15 months off = there were certainly rough bits. Everyone made errors somewhere, & the singer came down with laryngitis the week before the festival. He had a few struggles (he's usually pretty bombproof), but plowed through admirably.

Lighting rear stage = agreed. Kenny Aronoff = :LOL:
wait...like at THE Stonehenge? Holy crap. That is one of my "meccas"!! Totally jealous!!
Yes, the Stonehenge, but not on the stones field itself. Performances / events like this aren't allowed there as it's uber protected, plus the usual solstice gathering was cancelled due to continuation of restrictions in the UK.

This festival is a modest size 4 day event about 1.5 miles from the stones. Superbly organised & a great environment, but not cheap with tickets starting at $185 a head. Sold out though, as it is apparently every year.

Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 06.39.33.jpg

TIL the Brits are not bothered by inclement weather. Look at the umbrellas! Was there food? Beer? Or was it a BYOB (bring your own beer) event?

index.php

TIL the Brits are not bothered by inclement weather. Look at the umbrellas! Was there food? Beer? Or was it a BYOB (bring your own beer) event?

index.php
Festival site was superb. Lots of food options, multiple activities, numerous bars with great craft beers, a 2nd stage, & the usual high end "glamping" options (expensive though at circa $1,000 for 2 people / 4 days).

On arrival, apart from the covid testing regime, I was immediately hit by the smell of patchouli oil, followed swiftly by wafts of herbal tobacco alternative ;)

Yes, the Stonehenge, but not on the stones field itself. Performances / events like this aren't allowed there as it's uber protected, plus the usual solstice gathering was cancelled due to continuation of restrictions in the UK.

This festival is a modest size 4 day event about 1.5 miles from the stones. Superbly organised & a great environment, but not cheap with tickets starting at $185 a head. Sold out though, as it is apparently every year.

View attachment 105579

ok...that makes sense, I didn't think it would be real close to the sight b/c of all of the UNESCO designations.... but still, that would be killer to be at.

I am surprised- looking at the map - that it is not all built up and "touristy" around there. In America, that whole area would be a disgusting touristy s**t-show

ok...that makes sense, I didn't think it would be real close to the sight b/c of all of the UNESCO designations.... but still, that would be killer to be at.

I am surprised- looking at the map - that it is not all built up and "touristy" around there. In America, that whole area would be a disgusting touristy s**t-show
It's very rural apart from a sprinkling of small villages that have been there for many hundreds of years, if not longer. I'm assuming there are very strict planning regulations in place, especially anywhere within sight of the stones. The area I live in has similar rigid planning laws, but such a special site will be on another level again.

Outlets selling resin models of the stones is hopefully a long way off.

Last edited:

index.php
I feel like one of the unspoken secrets of the world is how hard brits party. Weather be damned. All you need is a few K Ciders.

I feel like one of the unspoken secrets of the world is how hard brits party. Weather be damned. All you need is a few K Ciders.
Very much so. As UK players, our heart sinks when we see a terrible weather forecast for an outdoor event booking, but the stoic nature of audiences never ceases to amaze me. It just means the band has to work that bit harder to keep everyone in a fun space.

I picked up this little snippet yesterday, & thought it appropriate here. You can really see how wet the audience is, & if watching in a large format, you can see the rain too.

This is a section where we completely ad lib, & I have a bit of fun by changing up the groove without notice, then see how the band adapts to the change. They love it too :)

Warning: Expletive used.

Back