Thinking About Buying Meinl MCS Cymbal Pack

Wopsey

Well I'm looking at buying a cheap Cymbal pack online. My local music stores don't really carry most lower end cymbal packs, so online is really my only option.

Anyway, I have about $250 I can spend on cymbals, and I already have hardware for it. I was looking at this MCS pack, it comes with;

14" Medium Hihat
16" Medium Crash
20" Medium Ride
16" China
10" Splash

Total comes to $242.99 and shipping is free (Btw I'm Canadian, so most places online I have to pay an ass load, I just found these recently and they just so happen to be dealers in Canada).

These are Meinl's equivalent to B8s and ZBTs, but apparently a lot nicer. I've read many reviews and although there are a few negative reviews, most of them were positive.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any experience with them, or perhaps have other cymbals in my price range I should look into?

Ainulindale

Gold Member
the mcs cymbals arent bad, better than the zildjian and sabian cheapies, but they are still a low end cymbal line that you will tire of quickly - buy quality used cymbals, its just a better way to spend youre money, most drum shops have a bunch of used cymbals, theres ebay, this forum, theres used pies everywhere...

Wopsey

the mcs cymbals arent bad, better than the zildjian and sabian cheapies, but they are still a low end cymbal line that you will tire of quickly - buy quality used cymbals, its just a better way to spend youre money, most drum shops have a bunch of used cymbals, theres ebay, this forum, theres used pies everywhere...
Haha, I assure you, I spend TONS of time looking on Kijiji/Craigslist EVERY day looking, and no one really sells half decent cymbals at a reasonable price. Only quality cymbals come with a set of drums (want $1200+ for everything) and that's just not happening.

You can buy Cymbals on this forum? You just use Paypal or something? There a section for this? Gonna look around since it usually takes people a few hours to respond lol.

Ainulindale

Gold Member
nothing serious here, just alwasys seems to be someone with a ride or a set of hats theyd be willing to let go, i only stress buying used because i spent 250$ on sabian B8s, they didnt last long, even if you have to buy one cymbal at a time, ride, hats and crash...

HOUSTON 94

Depending on your current cymbal set up, I would probably buy the pack. You MIGHT get a good ride, crash, and pair of hats for 250 but that is pushing it. It is usually 100 per crash, 150 for a ride, and 150-250 for hats on ebay and craigslist.