Things you learned not to do

opentune

Platinum Member
If you have a can of the desired size (5" or 6" so you have the option to add a port hole ring afterward). An empty can of whole tomatoes doesn't fit that scenario.
Save your cans every once in awhile..some standard can sizes are 4, 5, and 6 inches. But then again, how many resos can one put a hole in.

Stroman

Platinum Member
I got off FB 3 months ago.
I broke my own "no politics" rule in a fit of insanity the other day, and was instantly reminded why the rule existed to start with.

I'm still on fb, but I rarely post anything meaningful. I do like to see what my friends across the world post, though, so I haven't left. Yet.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
I broke my own "no politics" rule in a fit of insanity the other day, and was instantly reminded why the rule existed to start with.

I'm still on fb, but I rarely post anything meaningful. I do like to see what my friends across the world post, though, so I haven't left. Yet.
I wouldn’t have anything useful to add to the political conversation now, anyway. I used to be riled up about the police brutality issue, then realized that yelling about it didn’t convince anyone of anything. Then, years later, suddenly people care. I figure everything in life is like that, usually. Problems solve themselves if you just wait long enough. And I don’t need to be seething about Facebook arguments when I can be living my life, anyway.

C.M. Jones

If you have a can of the desired size (5" or 6" so you have the option to add a port hole ring afterward). An empty can of whole tomatoes doesn't fit that scenario.
I use Remo Ebony Ambassadors with precut portholes. Wielding a scalding can sounds hazardous. Life is uncertain enough already.

C.M. Jones

I've learn't that not making things about me is a very releasing thing, and usually adds to my enjoyment + feelings of achievement / contentment.
I've always had a similar outlook. When working with the self-centered, I have no desire to compete with them for attention. I do what needs to be done and let the rest go. My satisfaction stems from drumming, not from making a sideshow of myself. I've always seen my role in bands, both rhythmically and socially, as a mitigating element that keeps things together, not as a firebrand that introduces strife. Staying humble is the road to self-actualization.

AzHeat

Platinum Member
Not to ever believe a song is easy to play unless I've played it - no matter how familiar I am with the song.
Oh man! Is this ever true. The moment you think an easy song is in the bag and suddenly...wait...what?!

Save your cans every once in awhile..some standard can sizes are 4, 5, and 6 inches. But then again, how many resos can one put a hole in.
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

[ETA: well, I've now been banned from my local drum shop. But at least now I can report back authoritatively: 7. The last one was pretty sloppily done, though, since they were dragging me away at the time.]

C.M. Jones

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

[ETA: well, I've now been banned from my local drum shop. But at least now I can report back authoritatively: 7. The last one was pretty sloppily done, though, since they were dragging me away at the time.]
Next challenge: Disguise yourself, slip back into your prohibited drum shop, and see how many cymbals you can crack.

GOOSE72

Don't you mean "sounds hilarious"?? I don't mean to be a porthole but you also said "intellective beings" the other day. :oops:

rhumba have you ever stopped playing actual drums and played empty ice cream containers with marbles in them for a month? Just for a break to gain perspective. You seem a little wound up. Sometimes we all need a break to just relax and not take life so serious. Anyway good luck.

Lennytoons

Never crash through a guitar solo.
Never trust a guitar player to start a song at the right tempo.
Never start playing without checking your tuning at the venue.
Never assume the rest of the band is prepared. I always show up with batteries, guitar strings, bass guitar strings, extra water, gaffers tape, guitar tuner and extra cords.