The "When Nature Calls" Meditative Series

kindbeats

Platinum Member
"When Nature Calls" is a new meditative series that focuses on interacting with nature rhythmically. These are lengthy and incredibly minimalist pieces that are perfect for relaxation, meditation, sleeping, or even interacting with. They're based on Billy Martin's concept of "stridulations", which are rhythmic phrases and games that were inspired by the sound of crickets. Today's stridulation session was recorded on my favorite jetty and utilizes a lone wooden temple block. Lay back, close your eyes, and enjoy a brief escape from the insanity of 2020. I think it's safe to say we all deserve one!

When Nature Calls Ep. 01 - Lone Wooden Temple Block Stridulation On The Jetties

Good stuff. This is exactly why I live in the woods. Nature is so relaxing.

I love the sound of the waves. But the wood block and it's "man made" regular rythmn made me nuts. By the end of the video three men in white coats came and took me away, to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time. ha ha ho ho hee hee.

I love the sound of the waves. But the wood block and it's "man made" regular rythmn made me nuts. By the end of the video three men in white coats came and took me away, to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time. ha ha ho ho hee hee.

It's all good. I definitely know that this kind of thing isn't for everyone. Also, nice Napoleon reference! ;)

It's all good. I definitely know that this kind of thing isn't for everyone. Also, nice Napoleon reference! ;)

Actually, “this kind of thing“ IS for me. I have several CD’s of the sounds of nature such as wind, rustling leaves, rain, waves (Ocean and Lake), wolves, loons, thunder, birds, crickets with synthesizers very sparsely layered over it. Calms me down almost immediately.

Actually, “this kind of thing“ IS for me. I have several CD’s of the sounds of nature such as wind, rustling leaves, rain, waves (Ocean and Lake), wolves, loons, thunder, birds, crickets with synthesizers very sparsely layered over it. Calms me down almost immediately.

Oh no, I was referring to the "man made" element that you mentioned. I can totally see how a woodblock could stand out in a soothing sounds of nature track or video. lol

Need to decompress during the middle of the week? Relax or meditate to this hour long, late night, lone temple block stridulation session around my pond. Feel free to interact with the recording as well. Have a conversation with me in clave! :)

When Nature Calls Ep. 02 - Lone Late Night Pond Stridulation

Back