The ulitmate cymbal placement

I kind of had an epiphany last night. I think I know who his drum teacher is!

Lol, yes it could well be the influence :)

What about this setup...

massive-drums-revm-11.jpg

... the side view

mark-03.jpg

... and the drummer's view :)

mark-04.jpg

... just amazing, think in terms of setting up and taking down such a kit, you need a whole week :)

At some point, you've got to sell a cymbal or two so you can eat...

I literally lol'd, I never had a reason to laugh at something drumming related, but this is ridiculous.

ouch! My back hurts just watching this guy. I mean if this guy is going for "something that looks cool", he's not even doing that lol. Lets see him play "wipe out", with crashes on the accents lol.

Has anyone noticed the "Jesus, The Solution" all over that kit?? Whatever happened to the whole humility, give up your worldly possessions for Christ, not being tempted by greed, extravagance, and excess, etc, theme in Christianity?

This guy didn't get the message I suppose....... or he's referring to a different Jesus.

This guy didn't get the message I suppose....... or he's referring to a different Jesus.

Nah.. Its "The Jesus"... There's one of those fish thingies on that top gong drum.

Maybe the guy in the OP is a big John Stanier fan (Helmet, Battles).

640px-John_Stanier.jpg

As others said, it definitely reminds me of the Battles drummer, which ALWAYS draws him much attention. Maybe this kid is just taking it to the extreme.

Nah.. Its "The Jesus"... There's one of those fish thingies on that top gong drum.

Maybe the guy in the OP is a big John Stanier fan (Helmet, Battles).

Wow, I guess now I know where Tarjei Strøm (Datarock, Lars Vaular) got the inspiration for his cymbal setup:
0.jpg

I think he should go all out and place the Hi Hat 6 ft. off the ground as well.......NOT

Maybe he's a painter and paints ceilings as his day job. Wouldn't the overhead stage lights blind him when he looks up to do a cymbal crash? LOL

Back