The Spirit of Radio, on the big kit

dwsabianguy

I've been locked away at home with COVID for a week, so I've been trying to put in some practice time. The kit's all set up, the mics are plugged in, and the camera's on a tripod, so it follows that I should just go ahead and record some of the tunes I've already learned for Cygnus X-2 shows.

So here's this one!

force3005

Silver Member

I've been locked away at home with COVID for a week, so I've been trying to put in some practice time. The kit's all set up, the mics are plugged in, and the camera's on a tripod, so it follows that I should just go ahead and record some of the tunes I've already learned for Cygnus X-2 shows.

So here's this one!

Like the over the back video. Very nice. Your playing is sweet. (y)

Neal Pert

That was great, man! Enjoyed it.

opentune

Platinum Member
If I do get covid I hope I will be playing like that! Awesome.
Is that a Slingerland 3 ply snare like Neil had?

dwsabianguy

Thank you for all the kind words!

If I do get covid I hope I will be playing like that! Awesome.
Is that a Slingerland 3 ply snare like Neil had?
Mine is a '59 Radio King. It was sold to me as an Artist, which of course was available in both single-ply and 3-ply versions, but it's clear that it was a Radio King with a replacement strainer. It ends up being for the best; the Radio King has the deeper snare bed that Neil regularly talked about as being part of his Slingerland. My snare gets closer to the Neil sound than my friends normal Artist model, at any rate. The clear CS gets a lot of credit getting that sound too.

BGDurham

Soul to the devil, body to COVID, either deal--heck, maybe both--is worth that skill!

Drumdame

So here's this one!
Love, love, love your kit! And your double talent ability even better! Life's not a rehearsal, and you're living it well! Keep on Drumming!!!

Drummer_D

cbphoto

Platinum Member
Nice job!

Is your band a 3-piece?