The Rhythm Traveler shuffle!

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Here's an example of trying to stay on the backside of the quarter note. I've always noticed that bands who do this tune always pick it up and rush through it, even here the band is pulling away, but I manage to sit on it for the most part. I love un-rushed shuffles!

Man those lil Rhythm Traveler's sound awesome Bo-nice playing too. I'm surprised the toms sound as good as they do on this recording cause those shallow concert toms have a short voice.-but man sounded great on your ZZ Top fills. Is that the RT snare that comes with it or your own-my RT POD has a 12 in snare that sounds OK but I usually used my own? Those RTs have such a small foot print and so easy to tote it's working perfect for you. So how many bands you gigging with now-still got the Devo going too (that looked like so much fun)?

As said..."great job"!

The best part for me?

You are having a GREAT time while playing. That always stands out for me in your performances, Bo, you can tell the you love what you are doing.

That ties in with what Andy said about the "authority" in your fills. Knowing your parts and the song so well that you can relax (NOT get casual or lazy) and "just play".

As said..."great job"!

The best part for me?

You are having a GREAT time while playing. That always stands out for me in your performances, Bo, you can tell the you love what you are doing.

That ties in with what Andy said about the "authority" in your fills. Knowing your parts and the song so well that you can relax (NOT get casual or lazy) and "just play".

that is soooo well described ! Bang on.

Man those lil Rhythm Traveler's sound awesome Bo-nice playing too. I'm surprised the toms sound as good as they do on this recording cause those shallow concert toms have a short voice.-but man sounded great on your ZZ Top fills. Is that the RT snare that comes with it or your own-my RT POD has a 12 in snare that sounds OK but I usually used my own? Those RTs have such a small foot print and so easy to tote it's working perfect for you. So how many bands you gigging with now-still got the Devo going too (that looked like so much fun)?
Unfortunately the Rhythm Traveler snare is a bit weak. I even installed a Ludwig P85 on it. But this gig the brass Sensitone is doing main duty. So this is my busiest band. Devos on hold until January and Bermuda’s band won’t need me again until he goes out with Weird Al again.

I wounder if you just banged out quarter notes on the ride/hats if everyone wouldn't rush.

Back