The playing consolidation thread

LOL ditto. Young Thaard totally owns me on the kit.

Still, we're experienced listeners and that must count for something :)
Lots of music production experience counts for a lot Polly. Just because Trevor Horn doesn't play drums, doesn't mean I would ignor his production/arrangement/execution advice! Thaard is well on his way to becoming a talented & well rounded drummer. He'll go far. As for me, I'm a one trick pony who can rock a venue to it's knees if I wish, but have nothing to offer beyond that. That makes me very happy & content to watch players such as Thaard raise the bar. I take great pleasure from the achievements of others.

Lots of music production experience counts for a lot Polly. Just because Trevor Horn doesn't play drums, doesn't mean I would ignor his production/arrangement/execution advice! Thaard is well on his way to becoming a talented & well rounded drummer. He'll go far. As for me, I'm a one trick pony who can rock a venue to it's knees if I wish, but have nothing to offer beyond that. That makes me very happy & content to watch players such as Thaard raise the bar. I take great pleasure from the achievements of others.

You're nicer I am, KIS. If a musician makes my ears or the rest of me happy then I'm pleased for him/her - and even more pleased about being given a good time :) But if my ears are displeased by the music/drum doodling, then even great prowess won't get me keen.

Am I on the right planet?? Is this Mars? I knew I should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque

Haha, get a room you two ;). If it had not been for KIS and Polly, I would still have been playing stuff less authentic. I really appreciate your views, and It´s helping my drumming to get better.

When you reach a certain level of drumming, some people are afraid to give criticism, cause of the whole "You cant give someone better than you critique"(even if I´m not better at keeping it simple :p). Also, I played a small concert with my keyboardist at his school today. I was pretty nervous, but I managed to calm myself down and we played a hell of a concert. Many of the people rushed up to me and started asking how I practiced and this and that. It´s difficult to not get your head in the clouds, but I´ll manage. Thanks again for your views and critique.

This is a 3 way bluesy woozy jam from a couple of years back with a great guitar player from Texas. Needless to the say, the single malt party happened before we recorded this jam with a single mic in the middle of the room.

Not after.

Please do enjoy the ending, if even for the wrong reasons(!)
View attachment texasgtr massacre.mp3

This is a 3 way bluesy woozy jam from a couple of years back with a great guitar player from Texas. Needless to the say, the single malt party happened before we recorded this jam with a single mic in the middle of the room.

Not after.

Please do enjoy the ending, if even for the wrong reasons(!)
View attachment 30416

Hey Aydee, thats gotta be the tightes snare sound ever. I thought you played on a metal plate or something. The tune is pretty cool, phat guitarwork, very stable and precise drumming. It got abit repetitive in the end, but jams tend to be that way. Make it a tune, and you got yourself a progressive funk-blues tune!

Hey Aydee, thats gotta be the tightes snare sound ever. I thought you played on a metal plate or something. The tune is pretty cool, phat guitarwork, very stable and precise drumming. It got abit repetitive in the end, but jams tend to be that way. Make it a tune, and you got yourself a progressive funk-blues tune!

LOL, ya we were all a little, what shall I say, frozen in the moment! I agree about the repetitiveness .
Hey, I love that snare. Its a Yammie brass piccolo and works great. I play a Chad Smith Pearl with my home kit but this guy lives with the gigging kit and works great for most live stuff..

LOL, ya we were all a little, what shall I say, frozen in the moment! I agree about the repetitiveness .
Hey, I love that snare. Its a Yammie brass piccolo and works great. I play a Chad Smith Pearl with my home kit but this guy lives with the gigging kit and works great for most live stuff..

Hmm, well. It fit the music though. Probably just my ears.

Hmm, well. It fit the music though. Probably just my ears.

Me needs a nice woody maple snare really bad, Thaard! Actually I want Peter Erskine's snare real bad! Sound wise, you know.. crisp, dry, woody warm.. I'm getting gooseflesh as I write this...maybe I'll give myself a Christmas present.. maybe I wont.. lets see..

Let's hear it for piccolo snare drums%^%^$$ They're the greatest live snare ever. They can be delecate ghost machines (as in aydee's clip) or uncontrolled "cut yer head off" backbeat monsters when in the hands of idiots like me! Great music aydee. Real music made by real muso's on muso fuel. Love it, warts "n" all. Disappointed with the ending though. It's traditional in such jams to end each number with the most mangled possible train crash. I think you need to practice a bit more. Lol!

Me needs a nice woody maple snare really bad, Thaard! Actually I want Peter Erskine's snare real bad! Sound wise, you know.. crisp, dry, woody warm.. I'm getting gooseflesh as I write this...maybe I'll give myself a Christmas present.. maybe I wont.. lets see..
You'd like my 13" x 5" x 11/4" thick Spaun maple stave with genera HD dry batter and super light hazy 100 reso. OooooooSooooo woody.

I get what youre saying. I want a Gretsch wood snare.

uel. Love it, warts "n" all. Disappointed with the ending though. It's traditional in such jams to end each number with the most mangled possible train crash. I think you need to practice a bit more. Lol!

Classic, Andy! : )

..... I thought that was 3 train wrecks- each at a different station... Perhaps thats why its less than spectacular.

It didn't help that the guitarist was keeling sideways off his stool towards the end, making me leap out of mine just in time to grab his custom JD TYLER before it fell to the floor..

You'd like my 13" x 5" x 11/4" thick Spaun maple stave with genera HD dry batter and super light hazy 100 reso. OooooooSooooo woody.

Sounds ( and looks ) delicious! Some day I shall own something that buzzes when I just look at it! : )

Sounds ( and looks ) delicious! Some day I shall own something that buzzes when I just look at it! : )
I've never posted a picture of it. I'll take one & post it just so you can get more goosebumps. Totally wasted on me. I think you & Thaard should share it. It's my studio snare and I'm not using it for a while yet.

I've never posted a picture of it. I'll take one & post it just so you can get more goosebumps. Totally wasted on me. I think you & Thaard should share it. It's my studio snare and I'm not using it for a while yet.

oops, i thought you had it up on your kit thread..different snare I guess.. your gear makes me very happy.

I recorded a few video clips today with my digital camera - the sound is not all that great but I want to get used to recording myself.

I've got a small Tama Stagestar kit - it really is nice, but I'll need to upgrade cymbals and heads down the road. Making do with what I've got now.

I was going to throw in a keyboard song as bait for the drum thing, but I figure this is a safe thread to start with to post something current.

I tend to stick my tongue out when I'm concentrating hard playing drums sometimes, so please disregard the "chimp" countenance I'm wearing, it gets better at the end, and I had to throw in a fish pic at the very end just for fun. Any comments appreciated. Also I realize I'm overplaying some, trying to get that snare down for the Allmans...

Fishnmusicn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyEVuSmt5B4

Last edited:
.. the "chimp" countenance I'm wearing, ... and I had to throw in a fish pic at the very end just for fun. Any comments appreciated...Fishnmusicn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyEVuSmt5B4

That was fun Fishnmusicn. Good drumming adequately fitting the music.
BUT wouldn't it be more appropriate to swap the "chimp" countenance for a "fish" countenance next time? ah ah ah!
Still another clip of yours I really dig.

That was fun Fishnmusicn. Good drumming adequately fitting the music.
BUT wouldn't it be more appropriate to swap the "chimp" countenance for a "fish" countenance next time? ah ah ah!
Still another clip of yours I really dig.

Thanks for the comment, nah the fish countnenance can only be used while fishing to get to know the fish before I take them away from their home and then put them back again safely. Seriously, I do the same thing with my tongue when I'm taking them off the hook, must be a concentration thing. I always have to edit that stuff out, but I remember Michael Jordan used to do the same thing when he took a jump shot so I don't feel too bad.

I was just kidding you of course because I didn't really see anything weird in your countenance, just an acute concentration while playing something very nice, and ... you are a very fish- respectful fisher (angler?) allowing them fish to go back to their home after being caught.

Back