The Perfect Movie

“Funny thing happened on the way to the forum” with Zero Mostel “Space Balls”, “Blazing Sattles” And anything with Peter Sellers

I loved when they finally switched the chest film around in the intro. Bothered me every time.

There are some accurate elements in that show........

1) Egotistical Consultant Physician

2) Junior Registrar doctor who seeks validation and attention from the egotistical Consultant Physician

3) The very inept junior Registrar

4) The gun-ho surgical team

5) The ridiculous shift hours

6) The nurses who know more than anyone else

7) the nurse who needs to know everyone else's business.

8) the inability to maintain healthy, long lasting relationships.

Definitely Shawshank Redemption for me. Since being in isolation I’ve rewatched it and man.... the feels. Ive been trying to convince my kids to watch it, they just roll their eyes at me. One day I’ll sit them down and we’ll watch it together.

Definitely Shawshank Redemption for me. Since being in isolation I’ve rewatched it and man.... the feels. Ive been trying to convince my kids to watch it, they just roll their eyes at me. One day I’ll sit them down and we’ll watch it together.
Back in c.2003, my kids became interested when IMDB placed it #1 in their database. I dig that it’s based on a Stephen King short story.

Here I sit, last day at the end of a nice long break, before returning to {groan} work.

Watching Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
It occurred to me while watching it today, this movie is perfect. The story, characters, music, editing, the direction... all perfect.
It never gets old. From beginning to end, it never skips a beat on being entertaining.
This movie could be on at any point and I would just sit down and watch it.

What’s your Perfect Movie?
That was the movie that made me want to go to America. ☺

Flight of the Phoenix - has that Johnny Cash song "I've Been Everywhere" at the beginning. Also has severe weather sounds that can put you to sleep, for those that use movies to fall asleep.
I saw this film in theaters when it was released. Loved it.

I watched it again a few years ago. It's about a rotten teenager that lies to his parents, manipulates his friends for his own personal enjoyment, and treats his girlfriend like crap.
We preferred you as a teenager.

Here I sit, last day at the end of a nice long break, before returning to {groan} work.

Watching Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
It occurred to me while watching it today, this movie is perfect. The story, characters, music, editing, the direction... all perfect.
It never gets old. From beginning to end, it never skips a beat on being entertaining.
This movie could be on at any point and I would just sit down and watch it.

What’s your Perfect Movie?
Anyone put off by subtitles or French cinema needs to see Amelie.
Visually endlessly creative, hilarious, clever, sexy and beautiful and moving.

And I remember seeing Kickass and thinking I couldn't remember anything so entertaining for a long time. A ten year old girl slaughtering a whole posse of hit men shouldn't be fun, but trust me on this ...

Coogan's Bluff. Linny Raven, 60s New York and a Cowboy Cop. Cool.

Life of Brian. Monty Python tackling a Big Subject. He wasn't the Messiah though. He was just a very naughty boy.

What's Up Doc? PMSL Rollercoaster ride through San Fran when the cars were even longer than they were wide.

Star Wars fan here, but if i had to pick... there are 3 movies that pop to mind when i think about my fav movies and that i keep watching;

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Groundhog Day
The Emperors New Groove (Dutch voice-version)

Also really love both Hot Shots! movies and can't watch them without starting to laugh before anything funny happens, because i know what's coming haha. But my favorite movie is The Empire Strikes Back

I'd have to say "Lincoln" with Daniel Day-Lewis

The only time I've ever cheered during and then later cried at the end of a movie.

Last edited:
Ninth Gate is one of my favorites of all time. I imprinted so hard on this film that my wife even looks like the female lead in this flick - she even made that joke when we watched it. "So THIS is why you like me" haha.

Also:

The Prophecy
That Thing You Do

I could talk movies all day and I know these aren't perfect - but just MY favs.

Attachments

• Ninth Gate.JPG
    Ninth Gate.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 1
Here is proof that The Godfather is the perfect movie. Lois said it, I believe it.

One that just came out...Vivarium...different. I rented it and then bought it.

I was really hoping for more of a twist from that movie - the plot was basically laid out in the first minute of the movie with the cuckoos then it just kind of played out as one would expect.

I've often thought about movies that I consider to be perfect. Some of the movies I'd list might be Interstellar, O Brother Where Art Thou?, The Dark Knight, Glory, Mad Max: Fury Road, The Empire Strikes Back. I'm sure there are others, but these are ones that pop into my head.

Young Frankenstein

Groundhog Day

Grand Prix

Rear Window

The Great Escape

Back