The patience of a spammer

KamaK

Platinum Member
In a former life, I was the world's most feared "internet spaceship" pirate. I played Eve Online and had a top 10 ranking on Battleclinic. During this time, I had the opportunity to talk to an in-game currency trader (spammer) situated in DRC.

Apparently, this In-Game->Real-Life currency trader could make more real money mining imaginary in-game rocks than he would in a real cobalt mine in the ground, and all from the safety of a cafe. I think it was somewhere in the area of $25/day.

So long as societal stratification exists, a bottom tier will exist, and the symptoms (Spam, Scam, theft, etc) will remain. I wish I had a simple solution, but none exist by virtue of the problem's nature.

felonious69

In a former life, I was the world's most feared "internet spaceship" pirate. I played Eve Online and had a top 10 ranking on Battleclinic. During this time, I had the opportunity to talk to an in-game currency trader (spammer) situated in DRC.

Apparently, this In-Game->Real-Life currency trader could make more real money mining imaginary in-game rocks than he would in a real cobalt mine in the ground, and all from the safety of a cafe. I think it was somewhere in the area of $25/day.

So long as societal stratification exists, a bottom tier will exist, and the symptoms (Spam, Scam, theft, etc) will remain. I wish I had a simple solution, but none exist by virtue of the problem's nature.
I'm not really "up" on all of it, but I do think that people who manufacture and then release computer viruses should have their hands and their tongues removed.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
The govt needs to institutionalize everything and start paying US on top of what we already do or dont make. Then we could put it all back into the economy. It's one big giant circle of capitalism. They pay us, we fund them. I'm not sure it isnt some form of money laundering, but whatever. They print it, dole it out, we spend it, it funds them. Everyone is happy.

Sounds like some crackhead form of communism lol.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Well even worms gotta eat-nothing wrong with being a worm=part of the circle of life. Even Slime molds gotta sporulate. We should be more sympathetic to the pieces of dog manure. Yeah it's inconvenient cause you may step in it but some dog found relief so I guess it made their day.

KamaK

Platinum Member
The govt needs to ....

Sounds like some crackhead form of communism lol.
As an actual crackhead communist... We need to do away with both the government (as we currently know it) and financial currency, and switch to a resource based economy. I'd recommend something akin to the teachings of Jacque Fresco and his vision of the Venus Project.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
As an actual crackhead communist... We need to do away with both the government (as we currently know it) and financial currency, and switch to a resource based economy. I'd recommend something akin to the teachings of Jacque Fresco and his vision of the Venus Project.
I hope you didnt take offense to that. Communism is just another idea so I'll support that. I dont necessarily have to agree with it to be okay with it. The crackhead part though...

Personally I dont like money. I too think it should be done away with. We are in the vast minority. However, if it was the world wouldnt end. The power would still stay on. Water would still run. I believe people still want progress regardless, so some of us would make sure it still happened. But it wont so PAY US lol.

felonious69

I hope you didnt take offense to that. Communism is just another idea so I'll support that. I dont necessarily have to agree with it to be okay with it. The crackhead part though...

Personally I dont like money. I too think it should be done away with. We are in the vast minority. However, if it was the world wouldnt end. The power would still stay on. Water would still run. I believe people still want progress regardless, so some of us would make sure it still happened. But it wont so PAY US lol.
It always seemed to me that the people who do the most work get the least money. Just my opinion.

KamaK

Platinum Member
I hope you didnt take offense to that. Communism is just another idea so I'll support that. I don't necessarily have to agree with it to be okay with it. The crackhead part though...
I've been on this planet for a smidge under five decades, and fully understand that my grip of sociology, morality, human behavior, and economics is not inline with the mainstream. I'm appreciative that I haven't been tortured or murdered yet. Regarding "crackhead", I understand full well that people use it synonymously with "crackpot", and am comfortable with your assessment. This differs from accusing someone of being addicted to crack, which, let's face it, it's 2020 and Meth is the new Crack. Does legitimate crack actually exist anymore? I'd be surprised.

felonious69

I've been smudged for a little over 5 decades and it just amazes me how people look at things like...bath salts...whatever...I can't even keep up, and think "I wonder if THAT will buzz me up".
Still, though, not completely sure what SPAM is and what it is for.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Regarding "crackhead", I understand full well that people use it synonymously with "crackpot", and am comfortable with your assessment.
Oh no, I meant actual crackhead. Like how the MyPillow guy would create a govt. Again, I'm not trying to be offensive, just explain myself properly.

I'm a "I'll stay over here, you stay over there" kinda person. So everyone's personal philosophies are okay with me until you try to change how I think with them.

felonious69

Oh no, I meant actual crackhead. Like how the MyPillow guy would create a govt. Again, I'm not trying to be offensive, just explain myself properly.

I'm a "I'll stay over here, you stay over there" kinda person. So everyone's personal philosophies are okay with me until you try to change how I think with them.
Kind of ironic that to a crackhead a pillow would even come to mind.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
My dad LOVES Vienna sausages. Calls them “Vie-E-Nahs”. Totally hilarious redneck Appalachian pronunciation.
That reminds me of going fishing with my Dad-he'd bring “Vie-E-Nahs” sausages and sardines with saltine crackers-maybe a Moonpie for dessert. The sausages aren't to bad but sardines are disgusting but I'd eat it till I got wise to bring my own resources.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
That reminds me of going fishing with my Dad-he'd bring “Vie-E-Nahs” sausages and sardines with saltine crackers-maybe a Moonpie for dessert. The sausages aren't to bad but sardines are disgusting but I'd eat it till I got wise to bring my own resources.
I love sardines. Moonpies are the epic nastiness, though

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Oh man, that's not lunch, that's bait!