The new Rogers kits

3 ply, 6 mm, is 2mm plies, which are pretty thick as drum plies go. And then 2 ply rings. I think the market is for those that just want Rogers, period. My brother-in-law used to work for and has owned Mercedes, and I just don't see it. Lucky enough to ride in the back seat, it was very uncomfortable . Not for me.

A fool and his money soon go their seperate ways.

I don't know if it's just a thing with Rogers owners but you see so many of them up for sale in stunning condition at a fraction of $4000. Nostalgia is a big dollar.

You don't really see them in the UK that much and I've always been intrigued by the snares, still gutted I didn't get the 14x6.5 Dyna I found in Amsterdam.

If I had that kind of money I rather buy a Rogers Cleveland kit from 1964-1966. And Swiv-o-matic swan leg cymbal stands too! Mojo!

?
A-Gallery5.png

A-Gallery11.png

I know we all have different tastes in sounds, I listened to the video about 10 times was not impressed, so I listen again after a few beer, still sounded like hell?? Maybe I’m not the vintage drum type??

In a long term view, they are developing a line in the very high end category.

I get that.. But we've all seen high end drums before, and I'm really trying to figure out what you're getting that justifies a 3x price difference between the Rogers and similarly configured George Way. What is 3x more expensive on this kit outside the brand name?

Or are you saying they're doing a "Coach" branding thing.

I know we all have different tastes in sounds, I listened to the video about 10 times was not impressed, so I listen again after a few beer, still sounded like hell?? Maybe I’m not the vintage drum type??
I don't think vintage Rogers (albeot also demoes) sound like the new demoes.

I remember the Rogers drums well from way back when. Truth be told every one played Ludwig's. We'd see Rogers sets around but it was like meh. I did install a few swivel o matic holders on my Ludwig's but the collets would break. Cool design shit execution.

On the DCP video the real Rogers drums sound really good. The new ones sound weak.

RE: the high price, I can't remember who told me this in my youth, but I akin Reliance's reasoning to this: "If Bentley were to make an economy priced car and Yugo were to make a luxury car, which do you think would be more successful?"

It's easier to build a top-down line than it is a bottom-up line. I have no way to know this, but my feeling is that's what Reliance/Rogers is doing a la Drum Workshop's history of doing so.

He beat the snot out of them for 62 shows worldwide plus rehearsals ?
Whoa, if I were his drum tech I woulda been sweating bullets waiting for that rack tom to come flying off, haha.

That ride cymbal mount doesn't look too sturdy either. Talk about faith!

I have had dozens and dozens of drum sets- both vintage and modern. Without a doubt, my Rogers kits is among the best sounding of these. However, there is no way in hell I would pay that much for a set like that.

I bought a 20/16/14/12 (no snare) set up in mint condition for about $2k. The thing is rock solid and without significant issues. Why would I pay twice that for a copy? I don’t understand the appeal.

He beat the snot out of them for 62 shows worldwide plus rehearsals ?

That is impressive. And that drum set is fantastic looking.

I would like to add, I’m a huge Steve Jordan fan, but I hate these stratospherically high tuned snare drums he uses sometimes. Not my thing at all.

Last edited:
A little late to the party here...

I'm honestly a bit disappointed. I was so excited when the news broke about Rogers being re-released under Dixon. I even. Started a thread about it here.

Now a few years later they're finally getting around to full kits and they're priced by a crazy person. I was hoping this would bring the cost of the vintage kits down a bit but I just don't see that happening at th we prices.

Lots of money for .... well... drums. I would not spend my money for that. But that's just me. Anyway, I wish them luck. Selling those drums at this price point in a limited and crowded market will be a really tough job. Most people are completely happy with their top-tier Gretsch/Ludwig/Tama/Pearl/Yamaha/Sonor drums. I don't really see why people would and should switch brands.

Back