The Nasty Lick Thread from BANG! The Drum School

And here is the latest... It's Nasty Lick #89. A five note grouping between hands and feet played as 16th note triplets. Sounds pretty cool!!

www.bangthedrumschool.com/nasty-drum-lick-89

There is video and a PDF transcription at the link.

Happy Holidays everyone!!

New Great Sounding and Brain Twisting Independence Idea

Hey Everyone-

Happy New Year!

So, this post isn't strictly a "Nasty Drum Lick," but it's in the BANG! The Drum School camp of new stuff, so why not post it here?

It's an independence thing....I promise you it's challenging yet great sounding....

Have a look here:

A New Kind of Rock Drumming Independence, Part 1

Hope you find it interesting, fun, challenging, helpful....etc.

MF

Nasty Drum Lick #90

Hello again, Drummerworld friends.

Here is a new Nasty Lick for you to dig into if you wish. I like it a lot....I'm using it myself, so it's "gig-approved."

There is a video and a downloadable PDF at the link, which is below. Hope you find it interesting, helpful, and enjoyable.

NASTY LICK #90 PDF and Video

Hey Everyone!

I've updated Nasty Drum Lick #91 with VIDEO. It's a great lick, I used it myself at my LEVEL5 show earlier in the week, and I got a scream from someone in the audience.....that makes it "gig approved!"

Here's the link:

http://www.bangthedrumschool.com/nasty-drum-lick-91/

New Killer 32nd Note Drum Lick

Hi again.
Here is another "Nasty Lick." It's "#91A." This one is based on 32nd notes and it blazes around the kit, in a counter-clockwise direction.

There is a video and a PDF with a full transcription of everything played in the video at the link:

http://www.bangthedrumschool.com/nasty-drum-lick-91a/

Comments and Questions are welcomed!

I'm continuing to dig these Mark and appreciate you sharing them with us!

Hey you're welcome! If you are interested, you can sign up for our email list -- you'll get every Nasty Lick from now on that way--right to your inbox....

Nasty Lick Email List

Hi again.

Here's the latest. It's another 32nd note idea that really has many uses. And I bet you can find other ways I haven't thought of. I think of it as my own 32nd note version of Gadd's ratamacue lick (although, yes, I know, the ratamacue lick is based on triplets).

Anyway, if you feel like checking it out, go here for an explanation and the PDF: Nasty Drum Lick #99

Have fun, and let me know your thoughts.

Here's one that I've really made part of my vocabulary... It's "Nasty Drum Lick #71," a five note pattern played as 16th note triplets. I think it sounds very cool....

Here's the link with the PDF: "Nasty Lick #71"

Let me know if you dig it (or not)!

Hi Everyone!
This ...at long last...marks Nasty Drum Lick #100. It's a cool combo of 32nd note ideas that I really like. It combines singles, the inverted paradiddle, and a hand/foot combo into one measure of 32nds....

I hope you enjoy it!

here's the link....you can find a PDF there: Nasty Lick #100

New Video for Nasty Lick 98

Hey Everyone -
This lick was posted earlier, but I've updated it with a new VIDEO.

It's Nasty Lick 98---a groove oriented 32nd note lick that you can throw into a groove.....it's a short video, but it demonstrates how the lick should sound.

Hope you find it helpful. If you dig it, there's a PDF with the notation at the link too.

Nasty Lick 98 w New Video

Back