The Last 24 Hours of Keith Moon

It's a well-made film, but I've never been able to bring myself to watch it. Watching the last 24 hours of anyone's life would just be enormously painful to me.

Well, maybe with the exception of Elvis. I don't think I could turn off anything like that. He's the most fascinating person I've ever met who wasn't evil incarnate.

Aww, I was looking forward to some morbid voyeurism.

I've seen this one for Keith, always did find it interesting to hear how it supposedly went down.

Thanks.

Not a lot that I didn't already know, but it's another insight into his life.

I had forgotten Kenny and Keith were friends, and that Kenny was one of the last people to see Keith.

Friend of mine went to see The Who in London. He came back... "he kicked the drums right off the stage... smashed up all the gear".

I was like... Naw you're pulling my leg. But he went and bought a newspaper and there was Moony kicking the drums to death. Unbelievable.
Definitely a pioneer in his playing though. He was one of a handful of that time who defined the drumming we know now.
But like a lot of others of his time, he did the sex, drugs and rock n roll thing just a bit too hard.

...Well, maybe with the exception of Elvis. I don't think I could turn off anything like that. He's the most fascinating person I've ever met who wasn't evil incarnate.

I agree! A trip to Graceland really made me like him more. He was a "mans man", if that makes sense. Cool as hell toys everywhere! (guns, motorcycle, go carts, etc...) He also comes across as a very honest nice person.

The irony is that the same force that made him a unique drummer and showman is the same that led to his destructive behavior; at least he went quietly in his sleep.

The irony is that the same force that made him a unique drummer and showman is the same that led to his destructive behavior; at least he went quietly in his sleep.

This can be said of the thousands of driven, intelligent and talented people that made it to stardom, but couldn't survive it because they became self-destructing. Think Michael Jackson, Curt Cobain, Janice Joplin, etc.

Around 1972, a drummer acquaintance of mine toured for the first time, about a year out of high school. Very cool guy and good player. He was on the road probably less than 60 days when we heard he overdosed on heroin-first drug experience. That was my first exposure to mortality,obviously not my last...

I was 8 years old when Moon died. I wasent old enough to really understand who he was. I remember more when John Bonham passsed... I also remeber when Bon Scott died, I was a pretty big AC\DC fan so it sunk in a bit more.

The doco was alright.

Watched Quadrophrenia again last night. Great sound track. Keith was on fire in the songs during the last 1/2 hour or so. There was one bar where Keith's fill and John's bass run together were blinding - almost like Mahavishnu Orchestra :)

Back