The "Holy Grail" of cymbals?

Whaaaaat????
I could buy a new kit and cymbals for that price.
Plus I would like ur over compensating with something that big.

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
I'd swear this is at least the 3rd time that cymbals has popped up for sale.

It might be rare, but it's also abnormal, and not something most people would want. No one is going to buy it at that price.

FoolInTheRain

Has the cymbal actually been appraised by an unbiased party or is the guy just putting that price tag on it because he thinks that's what it's worth?

I can completely understand rare items and one-offs going for a premium, so long as it's justifiable.

nightraider43

With that kind of $$ I can make a downpayment on one of Andy's snares :). All kidding aside, I think someone is missing their hat in China ;-)

tamadrm

Platinum Member
That thing has probably got more wash than a Maytag.

Last week it was 6 K.That seller is still smoking rubberbands ,if he thinks he's going to sell that cymbal for that kind of cash.

The current resale used resale value is around 1000 US,but if wash for days is what you seek,that's your boy.:)

Steve B

John T

A cymbal or anything else for that matter is only 'worth' what somebody is prepared to pay for it from a selling point of view especially pre-owned.
I would't be surprised if it's still for sale this time next year!

tamadrm

Platinum Member
A cymbal or anything else for that matter is only 'worth' what somebody is prepared to pay for it from a selling point of view especially pre-owned.
I would't be surprised if it's still for sale this time next year!
Amen brother.....I'd check back next spring,and that thing will STILL be around.

Steve B

tamadrm

Platinum Member
You don't know how much this made me laugh!
I actually had said that years back,about a cymbal,but it seems(wait,do cymbals have seams ?) to have resurected itself on a different forum,about a week ago.

So I borrowed it back.Glad it made you laugh.:)

Steve B

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
With that kind of $$ I can make a downpayment on one of Andy's snares :).
Try a whole kit!!!!!

This guy's obviously punting it out there, & you never know, it might just be the missing component to a collector's dream kit. Maybe a Soultone endorsee will trade it for a 16" crash, they're about the same value - apparently ;)

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
The current resale used resale value is around 1000 US,but if wash for days is what you seek,that's your boy.:)
I was thinking $300 tops.

Sure, it's a lot of cymbal, but who would really gig with it?

I'd think such a thing would only really appeal to collectors, and perhaps session players who want something really unusual in their arsenal.

It may be rare, but it's also a very limited market.

wsabol

Gold Member
If it was a 60s/70s K, then yea you could argue that price.. maybe... but for an A, absolutely not. $600 tops.

Last edited: