The Heel Toe Thread

Re: Videos of Heel toe bass method

davodi74 said:
ARRRRRGH! You people with small feet dont realize how lucky you are.... I wear a size 11. Grrrrr.

i wear a size 13 :(

stupid forum. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 20 characters.

there.

using heel toe

i am just starting to develop my heel/toe technique getting up to sppeed.

when doing 16th notes with my with my heel in the air, i cant go that fast but if i chuck in a heel once evry 4 beats i can go alot faster.

i was wondering how do people use their heel in this technique.

when doing tripilets i do toe-heel-toe

do people when doing 16th notes on the bass drum to heel-toe-heel-toe or just throw in a heel every so often.

i have been trying to build my bass drum speed up and my heel-toe technique.
i have set up some exercise playing the bass drum on evry note.

heel -toe -toe -toe
toe-heel-toe-toe
toe-toe-heel-toe
toe-toe-toe-heel
heel-toe-heel-toe

so basically how do you guy incorporate heel-toe into ur playing.?

Re: using heel toe

You mean for - The Bass Drum only ? I used Ball Of Toe strictly most of the time.

Using Heel/Toe will not build up speed for your Bass Drum and added to that .. To

Last edited:
Heel Toe

Heel Toe is a great technique which I use to the best of my ability, but I want to know how many other drummers use this technique and any tips and tricks

Re: Heel Toe

My pedal playing has always needed looking at, I'm ashamed. Weckl says toe only and the foot slides and pivots.

Gadd plays 1 with the heel, and then the double by bouncing up on the toe.

I'm not sure either.....

I wear a 15 sized shoe (us) and haven't found a pedal yet for me to do heel toe on comfortably

Last edited:

Dude, I thought I had it bad in a 12 UK. I'm hoping you have the height to match the 'canoes'....as my Granny used to say.

The old Tama pedals had big open sized pedals...

I am considering giving the Axis Longboards a shot-
Any experience with those?

Yeah price is a issue but if they last longer and are a better pedal I dont mind paying more for them

if you got that big of a foot i dont no if you could be able to do heel toe man lol. im a size 9 and i have trouble doing it. i have to put my foot off to the side to do it

- John

Guys,

Weckl and Phillips feet go to the side when playing doubles fast, sounds like you're playing correctly.

Tamadrummer778,

Have you looked into the Vruk pedal attachment? I'm not currently learning a heel toe technique for bass drum but in the future I'm going to want to try and learn due to a 121/2 EEE foot I may have some issues. I researched and this Vruk looks very interesting. Check it out yourself at http://www.vrukpedal.com it seems to not only improve the way the beater strikes but it also extends the length of the bass pedal. I saw one of these sell on eBay last week for about $80.

Back