THE HEEL TOE THREAD

SYMBOLIC DEATH

I've been working on heel toe for about 2-3 month, and today I finally had a breakthrough with it. What I did was set the tempo to 230 and just tried to get my feet to work at that tempo, my left foot wants to do something in between 8ths and 16ths, while my right foot does 16ths. Something just clicked and I was able to figure out the leg/ankle motions and my feet locked into 16ths. I then worked backwards to use that leg ankle motion with slower tempos. I was able to keep consistent 16ths down to 185.
I did notice that if I lean forward, ever so slightly, it helped for some reason. Keep in mind the forward lean was not a drastic lean, just a slight lean.
Another thing that helped me was changing the pitch of the trigger for my left foot so I could track where potential issues were coming from. This isn't an option for those that don't trigger their kicks, or have two bass drums.
I'm sure that there is still a long road ahead for me to get this to a usable point, but I feel that I took a large step in this journey today.
A big thanks goes to beyondbetrayal for one of his videos, where he went over the settings on the TM-2. I didn't even think about the retrigger setting which helped considerably. Who knew that I was hammering the notes out only to have my module not track them because my retrigger setting was too high. Thank you.
Now I just need to get everything working together as a team.

toddmc

Gold Member
A big thanks goes to beyondbetrayal for one of his videos, where he went over the settings on the TM-2. I didn't even think about the retrigger setting which helped considerably. Who knew that I was hammering the notes out only to have my module not track them because my retrigger setting was too high. Thank you.
When it comes to double bass (and triggering them), beyondbetrayal is the man to go to on this forum for sure