The Hat and Beard Drum Shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Farkle

I had a great local shop, but the owner decided to retire and rather than sell, he decided to sell of the merchandise and close. Sad day here.
We still have two of the best, Revival and Rhythm Traders. We also have Trade Up Music (H&B central) and Briz Loan and Guitar, a musical instrument pawn shop. There are some fantastic local guitar only shops too. You could make a weekend out of shopping local music stores. We have a LOT problems here but thankfully that's not one of them.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

And in modern times they come up with ”tweaker“ and ”pothead”.

I’ve never been to a tweaker drum shop.

some times pawn shops can be tweeker drum shops....

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Yup. It's what I like about the phrase-- it's obviously now a reference to the ubiquity of trucker hats and fancy-boy beards in these places, but it's also a nod to lots of previous iterations of coolness/hipness being somehow connected with having a cool hat and an impressive beard.

when I think of hipsters, the first thought that comes to my mind are beatniks from the 50's....that is what my parents called them...as a "Swing Jazzer" my dad hated the beatnik hipsters "and all of their spacey music with no melody and rhythm"...

my distaste for the current version just comes from the mountian biking world, where - especially 10 years ago - if you didn't hit the trail in a trucker hat, fancy beard, capri jeans, and a $40 latte in your hand - on a single speed $4000 carbon framed mountain bike - you were trash...

now, the punker in me would hit the trail in my camo shorts, Chuck Taylors, a band shirt, on my 1988 Mongoose 20" BMX, or my Surly Krampus all steel, heavy ass tank with my old Pro Tec skater helmet on, zipping by them, and not really caring about what they were doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.