The Greatest Drummer Who Ever Lived?!?

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Above average GC drum-off fare, nicely done, but the greatest? Nah.

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
Well, for me he hasn't 'existed' (and that's the word rite?) till now. I don't think he sounds 'that' great.

It does sound like he's practiced what he's doing. Execution is an 8 out of 10, less if he actually took time to set up that kit.

lepigpen

Are... Are you posting for... Yourself?

Good chops. But click bait title is unnecessary.

Greatest drummer = Buddy Rich

(in b4 people posting their top 5 and not having BR as number one...)

toddbishop

Platinum Member
Made it about 5 seconds in before realizing what am I doing listening to someone who would say that? Let's see his discography.

Cobb, are you from Portland?

New Tricks

Platinum Member
nicely done, but the greatest? Nah.
This^

You play a ton of stuff that I certainly can't play but it was stiff and didn't seem to fit together well enough for me to listen all the way through.

That's the reason I always fail at solo stuff. I can't seamlessly tie my riffs together.

DrumWild

As a one-time "celebrity" judge for GC Drum-Off 2009 [with LP from Yellowcard], I'd not say the greatest. Not horrible. Just not interesting enough.

WE ARE JUDGING YOU!

Wave Deckel

Gold Member
Nah, definitely not. LOL. Wildly thrown together stuff that is executed well, but not really well (does not play clean). A bit above average stuff (with too much emphasis on playing fast with many notes imho). Guys like Adam Deitch or Clyde Stubbleflied are/were 1000 times better than him. And they aren't even the best drummers who ever lived. ;)

bud7h4

Silver Member
I'm sure the "greatest ever" thing was posted with some humor. I enjoyed watching, he's pretty good.

Last edited:

2bsticks

Platinum Member
He's got some chops but the solo to me is not musical or too clean, more like musical masturbation.

Sorry Buddy is the man!