The fun sized demo!

The drums sound very good. Enjoy! Peace and goodwill.

The snare is just a bit too 'open' for my taste but that is a person preference and not a criticism by any means, the toms and kick sound fantastic and the kit as a whole blends very well together! Small drums are fun because you can tune them deep/fat but they never lose their punch. Cheers to many years between you and your new kit!

The snare is just a bit too 'open' for my taste but that is a person preference and not a criticism by any means, the toms and kick sound fantastic and the kit as a whole blends very well together! Small drums are fun because you can tune them deep/fat but they never lose their punch. Cheers to many years between you and your new kit!
I had debated putting a mic overhead, then you would’ve heard the toms as they really sound, which I think is much better than this recording.

Very nice playing! Had a cool Stanton Moore vibe to it!

Those drums sound great. They sound bigger than they are!

I love the 12/14/20 configuration. You can cover virtually any gig with that. I like to use an 18" Bass drum a lot as well, tuned very low that is very punchy and decidedly not 18 like.

Enjoy that kit! Is that a Hydraulic reso head on the bass? It would open up more with a Remo Powerstoke 3 Coated or an Evans UV1 EQ4. Those heads are the best bass drum heads I have tried!

Very nice playing! Had a cool Stanton Moore vibe to it!

Those drums sound great. They sound bigger than they are!

I love the 12/14/20 configuration. You can cover virtually any gig with that. I like to use an 18" Bass drum a lot as well, tuned very low that is very punchy and decidedly not 18 like.

Enjoy that kit! Is that a Hydraulic reso head on the bass? It would open up more with a Remo Powerstoke 3 Coated or an Evans UV1 EQ4. Those heads are the best bass drum heads I have tried!
Yep - it’s a rechudraulic on the front. I just ordered two more front heads: a Evans 56 calf EQ4, and a ported EQ3 when I need to get a mic in there. But my batter head of choice is the PS3.

Back