The First Kit You Got

Vapor Trail

First kit was back in in the 80's. I think 1985 (sheesh!). Parents surprised me with a used 5 piece CB 700 drum set and cymbals for christmas. Dark red shell wraps. Came with Evans hydraulic heads. Did the job for a few years.

Ended up saving money from part-time job and upgrading to a 7 piece piano black set of Tama Superstars. LOVED that set. Was destroyed in a fire a few years later at a practice site.

doggyd69b

I got my first kit when I was 18, it was a black Ludwig 5 piece without Reso Rims or heads so It was meant to be open and loud, it sounded awful but it got me through several bands. I left it at my mother's house when i moved to TX, she sold it, I got my next kit at 29 Years old, A white Premier 5 piece coupled with Ziljian Hats, a crash a ride and a wuhan china. (I still have it with the same cymbals) 23 years later. I then bought a Roland TD-11 which I still also have. I recently about a year ago bought the kit in my avatar picture I forgot the brand but it is a very good sounding kit once tuned properly, and I got a set of cheap Meinl cymbals to compliment it, they sound ok, the china is total garbage compared to that cheap ass Wuhan . I will say that I tested the $600 Ziljians, Paiste, and Meinl and they sounded ok, but when I tested the $35 Wuhan china, it completely destroyed the expensive cymbals, I highly recommend it if you want a loud AF china which of course it can be played softly and sound awesome either way.

Al Strange

I got my first kit when I was 18, it was a black Ludwig 5 piece without Reso Rims or heads so It was meant to be open and loud, it sounded awful but it got me through several bands. I left it at my mother's house when i moved to TX, she sold it, I got my next kit at 29 Years old, A white Premier 5 piece coupled with Ziljian Hats, a crash a ride and a wuhan china. (I still have it with the same cymbals) 23 years later. I then bought a Roland TD-11 which I still also have. I recently about a year ago bought the kit in my avatar picture I forgot the brand but it is a very good sounding kit once tuned properly, and I got a set of cheap Meinl cymbals to compliment it, they sound ok, the china is total garbage compared to that cheap ass Wuhan . I will say that I tested the $600 Ziljians, Paiste, and Meinl and they sounded ok, but when I tested the $35 Wuhan china, it completely destroyed the expensive cymbals, I highly recommend it if you want a loud AF china which of course it can be played softly and sound awesome either way.
I’ve got my eye on a 21” Zildjian A ultra hammered china as we speak, but will give the Wuhan a look...cheers! (y) What Premier kit have you got?:unsure:

doggyd69b

I’ve got my eye on a 21” Zildjian A ultra hammered china as we speak, but will give the Wuhan a look...cheers! (y) What Premier kit have you got?:unsure:
Not sure what model it is, I bought it at a Guitar Center in Dallas TX back in 2000, I sounds Ok, I guess I need to Re-tune and use better heads, but for now i am using the Roland and the one in the avatar picture, I am getting ready to move hopefully for the last time so I will be packing in the next few months ( the move is not until next Aug) but I will be back in the U.S. In Nov so I have at least 9 more months after that but I will be really busy with work again...

MKJr

my first kit was a sears red sparkle

we got the add-on floor tom

i did wind up getting a acrolite to go with it

after that got a slingerland champagne sparkle 12/16/22 set

wish i still had that baby!

Attachments

• SearsSet.jpg
    SearsSet.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 3
  • P-4.jpeg
    P-4.jpeg