The Faceless - Accelerated Evolution Cover

Hi Guys,

Just posted a new cover of Accelerated Evolution by The Faceless. This song is off of their album Autotheism. I've been meaning to cover it for a while, but I didn't have a space to practice in until recently. I saw this band in concert with Meshuggah in Chicago a few years ago and, although I went for Meshuggah, these guys blew me away. I liked them MORE than Meshuggah! Bold words, I know.

http://youtu.be/TbEQTQQlOzE

I hope you like it!

Thanks,

Geoff
www.gattsdrums.com
YouTube Username: gattsdrums

porter

Platinum Member
Great job! Awesome left-hand lead blast beats as well. Personally, I would have preferred the song be turned down as most people watching this probably want to hear your take on the song & your drums more prominently than the original track. Regardless, very good in all ways.

Great job! Awesome left-hand lead blast beats as well. Personally, I would have preferred the song be turned down as most people watching this probably want to hear your take on the song & your drums more prominently than the original track. Regardless, very good in all ways.
Thanks a lot! It's funny that you say I should turn the song down so you can hear my take, actually. I've had a few comments on older videos from people saying that I should learn the song exactly as it's played on the album :) Since then I've tried to stick as closely as possible to what's played on the album, but oh well!

I'll certainly take that into consideration for future songs - especially on ones that aren't as speedy and have more room for improv. Honestly, it's nice to hear that I should maybe let loose a little with my own style.

Anyway, thank you very much for watching! I really appreciate your comments!

porter

Platinum Member
Thanks a lot! It's funny that you say I should turn the song down so you can hear my take, actually. I've had a few comments on older videos from people saying that I should learn the song exactly as it's played on the album :) Since then I've tried to stick as closely as possible to what's played on the album, but oh well!

I'll certainly take that into consideration for future songs - especially on ones that aren't as speedy and have more room for improv. Honestly, it's nice to hear that I should maybe let loose a little with my own style.

Anyway, thank you very much for watching! I really appreciate your comments!
Well, those people should just go listen to the song :)