The Drummer is singing?

The Scorpio

My new original song "Shallow Game."

The first fruits from my new Pro Tools recording setup. The drums and bass are MIDI, but I did program them. The guitars and vocals are obviously real lol.

I hope you guy's will give it a listen, and please feel free to critique any and all parts of the performance and recording. And also, if you you like the song, or any of the others I have on the FB or Revebnation page, please feel free to download a free copy.

Thank you for listening,

Kyle

http://www.reverbnation.com/kylealigood

Last edited:

The Scorpio

Also this song is very personal to me. It's about my first (and only, so far) wife. We were married for about a year when we were both 18 (I know, I know) and when it fell apart, it was very nasty. Fast forward a few years, and we have now been able to somehow mend the bridge between us. Only friends, of course. But the song reflects growing up, moving on, and coming to terms with what we are and what we were.

I have bipolar disorder, and I'm sure that there are those of you on this forum who have that disease, or know someone who does. Which means that you understand how much additional strain that puts on relationships (platonic or otherwise.) If you are among that number, I hope that my songs can help you cope, because honestly that's my mission. Not to make a bunch of money or achieve fame/recognition, but to help people with that disorder. And to help those people's friends and family understand what they are going through.

-Kyle Aligood

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Hi Kyle

Long time no see :)

I'ts nice to see you back...

... your new song is *Ali*good, I like it, you sing better and better ;) I love the bridge, it's very well arranged, I'm still hearing a heavy Beatles influence.

However, One Shot Annie remain my favorite song of you, and I just listen to it again, wonderful stuff :)

Thanks for sharing it :)

How's that 28" bass drum? Still going strong?

The Scorpio

Hi Kyle

Long time no see :)

I'ts nice to see you back...

... your new song is *Ali*good, I like it, you sing better and better ;) I love the bridge, it's very well arranged, I'm still hearing a heavy Beatles influence.

However, One Shot Annie remain my favorite song of you, and I just listen to it again, wonderful stuff :)

Thanks for sharing it :)

How's that 28" bass drum? Still going strong?

Thanks Henri!

I've gotta go back and record a better version of Annie very soon!

The 28" is doing very well lol. She's got a brand new finish and just finished recording drums for a band from Tallahassee, FL. Should have those tracks up soon too.

Lovetadraw

It's very much a love child of Abbey Road Beatles and maybe a tinge of Acoustic Alice in Chains. I like it!