The double negative of the drumming world.

MrPockets

Gold Member
Electronic drums behind a drum shield.

Courtesy of Steve Goold's wordpress blog.

Steve and I are based in the same city, so I assume this was at a church near us.

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Sung to Beethoven's 9th:

Dum dum dum dummmmmm
dum dum dum dummmmm
d d d dummm
d d d dummm
d d d dum dum dummmmm
Dum Dum Dum DUMMMMM!!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
They probably bought it when they had an acoustic kit, & wanted to get maximum value out of it :) TBH, I'd want to be shielded from those clicks too.

porter

Platinum Member
*pushes up glasses, nasally voice* Technically a double negative reverses a single negative's effects, so in this case that would be something amplifying the acoustic sound of the e-kit...

But I can see how they'd still want one. I've gotten the occasional comment when playing 'silently' on my church kit that it's distracting. I can see how they'd think that...

chipotle

The e-kit behind the shield might make sense if the sticks hitting pads was audible. Looks like a church in the photo.

T

The Old Hyde

They really wasted their money on that shield. Moongel would have been a better choice

yesdog

Silver Member
I play at my church every weekend. My question is why does every church use a 4 piece a sub kick and a shield?? One of the bands I play in has a shield that is cut down to half the hight. It works great in small clubs to prevent feedback from the monitors. Yes i play behind a shield at church, but Im happy to be drumming.

rogue_drummer

Gold Member
Why is there such an intense move in churches to control every single sound on stage? Or is this harkig back to the concept that since the drums are in church, sitting there not played, they are still too loud.

Let's not even talk about Congas bleeding into the choir mics 20 feet away. Yet they want Congas too, just "play them softer". Go figure.