The deal of the year - Tama Rock Star kit played by Steven Adler

fess

I don’t know how to post a link to Reverb, but if anyone wants a Tama Rock Star kit played by Steven Adler of Guns & Roses, one has just become available for only $365,000. If you want it shipped, it’s another $2,200.
Make your move now, it has lots of watchers.

Here you go!

Looking at his other listings, homie aims high.

The actual Appetite kit is much cheaper at $50k (and better)…I’d consider that much more sought after than this Tama.

Both the gretsch and the tama have been passed around and up for sale for years.
The tama kinda doesnt make sense to me. Not the price, although laughable, but the finish. If this truly is Steven's old set, then this would be the only example of a semi-custom kit that he ever had. Steven was a pretty low-key drummer when it came to his kits. He usually played whatever was available at the time and only had a few "requests" when renting gear for out-of-town shows. He usually mounted his highest tom on a second snare stand and didnt mind non-virgin kicks. Pretty low-maintenance by today's drummer's standards imho.
Anyways, does anyone know if tama ever had this "cracked rock" finish available to the public, or was this a custom job? If it was custom, then I'm thinking this was a first for Steven.

Just had look at them on Reverb im in Australia if any one wants them from here there asking 565.940.08 Aussie bucks that is the price of an average home here WTF.

Anyways, does anyone know if tama ever had this "cracked rock" finish available to the public, or was this a custom job? If it was custom, then I'm thinking this was a first for Steven.
Pretty sure it's a custom paint job. Wouldn't surprise me at all, to find out Dan at GMW Guitars (in Glendora) did this work. He was doing lots of custom guitars (and drums) for the LA rockers .... and I know Lee (the owner) had guitar done work for Slash. So that's 1 degree of separation.;)

Story goes Steve first got a deal with Pearl. They gave him $50K and a drum set ..... and he played Pearl. Tama approached him, and said "we'll give you $100K, and a drum set. Steve started playing Tama. He had several Tama kits. At least one was a 10 lug bass drum, and he advertised for the Rockstar Pro, so I assume those were the 10 luggers.

Found a picture of him behind the "concrete" Rockstars. Back in 2008, I think this kit was for sale, for around $125K.

GNR ADLER HEAD 5.jpg

The seller is on drugs. :ROFLMAO:

Just had look at them on Reverb im in Australia if any one wants them from here there asking 565.940.08 Aussie bucks that is the price of an average home here WTF.
Unreal.
I assume it's because when you're an aging rocker who spent your money unwisely, you have to make up for it somewhere.
You reach a point in your life when you realize you don't have what the people will pay for. And as you're not getting any younger, you have to start considering where you'll be when you're on the other side of 70 & don't want to really do anything.
How will you pay for your care? Your meds & just your life in general?

I'm sure these things come to mind, so he figures if he can get someone to shell out half a mil for one of his kits, he can budget that to last the rest of his life.

Unreal.
I assume it's because when you're an aging rocker who spent your money unwisely, you have to make up for it somewhere.
You reach a point in your life when you realize you don't have what the people will pay for. And as you're not getting any younger, you have to start considering where you'll be when you're on the other side of 70 & don't want to really do anything.
How will you pay for your care? Your meds & just your life in general?

I'm sure these things come to mind, so he figures if he can get someone to shell out half a mil for one of his kits, he can budget that to last the rest of his life.

It left Steven Adler in 1991 by the sounds of it. He’s not the seller

The seller is on drugs. :ROFLMAO:

It was for sale for $125,000 back in 2019 also.

I know theres inflation but an increase of $240,000 is a little over the top……😂

Good point. I wonder who is & if Steven will get a cut of them?

Still...a quarter mil is just a no.

Good point. I wonder who is & if Steven will get a cut of them?

Still...a quarter mil is just a no.

I've wondered if Steven is the person selling them and is using a middleman for a cut of the profits. I bet he needs money.

I don’t know how to post a link to Reverb, but if anyone wants a Tama Rock Star kit played by Steven Adler of Guns & Roses, one has just become available for only $365,000. If you want it shipped, it’s another $2,200.
Make your move now, it has lots of watchers.
Neal Peart's sold for $500k, and an AVH one sold for $230k. Steven Adler?? If I played in a G&R cover band, I'd offer $1500. Seller is likely on heroin.

As I said, the seller is on drugs.

Back