The Cymbal Podcast

DaveCollingwood

So after much deliberation / procrastination, I've finally started a podcast dedicated (loosely) to cymbals. I'll be talking to drummers, cymbalsmiths, producers etc. about music and life, with a slant towards cymbals.

The first episode featuring Rich Kass is up now, admittedly we don't talk a great deal about cymbals, but it was an interesting chat about rhythm, social media and haircuts.

Have a listen!

https://audioboom.com/posts/7215397-the-cymbal-podcast-episode-1-rich-kass

Ang

Great podcast Dave! Nick is solid guy who does some great work.

I am lucky enough to have him living about 10 minutes from me, I contacted him via his website and he was quick to respond. With in a few days I stopped by his studio to have him modify a Sabian HH ride that didn't have much soul to it, he re-hammered it and took a bit of weight off, it sounds great now.

He has some really interesting projects going and does top notch work. Check him out, if you have a few dud cymbals sitting around that you don't play for whatever reason he can make it work for you. Or order an original cymbal from Nick, Dave or any local cymbal smith in your area. Keep the fire lit!

DaveCollingwood

Thanks! Yeah it was great to finally talk with him. This podcast is a new venture but so far I'm really pleased with how it's going.

Great podcast Dave! Nick is solid guy who does some great work.

I am lucky enough to have him living about 10 minutes from me, I contacted him via his website and he was quick to respond. With in a few days I stopped by his studio to have him modify a Sabian HH ride that didn't have much soul to it, he re-hammered it and took a bit of weight off, it sounds great now.

He has some really interesting projects going and does top notch work. Check him out, if you have a few dud cymbals sitting around that you don't play for whatever reason he can make it work for you. Or order an original cymbal from Nick, Dave or any local cymbal smith in your area. Keep the fire lit!

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
Dave, I've really enjoyed the two podcasts you've posted so far. Thank you for sharing! You've got a fan (for the podcast as well as your cymbals which I've been following for a while).

I hope the next time I find myself in the UK I can try some of your products! They all sound phenomenal.

(Or come visit me in Canada, haha).

-Jonathan

DaveCollingwood

Dave, I've really enjoyed the two podcasts you've posted so far. Thank you for sharing! You've got a fan (for the podcast as well as your cymbals which I've been following for a while).

I hope the next time I find myself in the UK I can try some of your products! They all sound phenomenal.

(Or come visit me in Canada, haha).

-Jonathan
Thanks for listening! I have several more lined up, hopefully next episode this coming week... Any time you're near Bristol feel free to drop by!