The cost of renting a drum set

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
I'm at the beginnings of doing research for some upcoming traveling.

How much does it cost to rent a drum set, on average?

Let's say, standard 4-piece kit of mid-price, stands for 2 crashes, hats, and ride, throne, and cymbals of the same quality?
A ballpark estimate would suffice.

Also, anyone ever rented a kit from Guitar Center?

cbphoto

Diamond Member

JimmyM

Gold Member
Are you wanting to rent one to tote around with you or just for a gig or two?

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
A cymbal case should fit overhead on a plane so you can at least take your Heartbeats. LOL.

I’m curious of quality and condition of what they rent. You’ve got a great sound going and I’d hate for it to get thrown off texturally.

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
Well backline rental companies in the areas you're going could hook you up but it would probably cost more. Maybe you could work it out with someone on here?
That would be my call as well. Put an ad out for any locals willing to rent you the gear for the shows like how people rent out rooms for festivals & events.
There's gotta be someone.

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
What cities?

In other news, maybe it’s time to get that Ludwig endorsement.

I will find that out well before we book. I found out today that Guitar Center will rent a kit for about $50/day; however, you have to return it to that particular store as opposed to another GC. So, that's an option. My goals is to not have to take any gear but maybe my stick bag, and maybe a snare.

I'm definitely ready for some endorsements from Ludwig, Remo or Evans, Vic Firth, Ariat, and Wrangler.

roncadillac

I'm at the beginnings of doing research for some upcoming traveling.

How much does it cost to rent a drum set, on average?

Let's say, standard 4-piece kit of mid-price, stands for 2 crashes, hats, and ride, throne, and cymbals of the same quality?
A ballpark estimate would suffice.

Also, anyone ever rented a kit from Guitar Center?
I'm not sure if this is possible for you but I typically reach out to the other drummer/drummers I am sharing the bill with for long distance gigs to say "hey, I'm traveling really far... Do you mind if I use your bass, toms and hardware?" then I only have to bring snare, cymbal bag, and stick bag. You could even offer to throw them $10-$20, saves you some money and puts a few bills in their pocket.

cbphoto

Diamond Member
I'm not sure if this is possible for you but I typically reach out to the other drummer/drummers I am sharing the bill with for long distance gigs to say "hey, I'm traveling really far... Do you mind if I use your bass, toms and hardware?" then I only have to bring snare, cymbal bag, and stick bag. You could even offer to throw them $10-$20, saves you some money and puts a few bills in their pocket.
@PorkPieGuy plays pif-paf on those videos, but live he hammers like Thor.

🤣

BGDurham

I will find that out well before we book. I found out today that Guitar Center will rent a kit for about $50/day; however, you have to return it to that particular store as opposed to another GC. So, that's an option. My goals is to not have to take any gear but maybe my stick bag, and maybe a snare.

I'm definitely ready for some endorsements from Ludwig, Remo or Evans, Vic Firth, Ariat, and Wrangler.
Ariat? Do you play in cowboy boots? That would be interesting! Maybe I'll put mine on next time I sit down behind the kit.