The cardboard drumkit

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
Humm. Sure, why not?
It would be fun for a lot of people. And kids !!!!

And, it can very easily be added on to with some more cardboard boxes.
One drawback is a lack of cymbal sounds.

In fact this gives me an idea. I could build a set of cardboard drums for my little grand kids.
Let them beat on it and who cares if they destroy it.

fac

Seems excessively expensive to me. For the same price I bought a double-tapa cajon (snares on one side, no snares on the other) with gigging bag for 72€, a cheap lightweight cymbal stand for 18€, a 24€ Wuhan 10" splash and a 12.50€ Meinl foot shaker. All new, with shipping included (or free), with better sound and much more durable. Everything but the cymbal stand fits in the gig bag, but the bag has shoulder straps so I can carry the stand in one hand and still have one hand free.

Seriously, how long is that cardboard kit going to last? It's more a novelty than a real solution, IMO.

Last edited:

MoreBeer

Silver Member
This is one of the most ridiculous products I've ever seen.
I can't wait to not buy one. That day has arrived!

evilg99

Platinum Member
Not a drum kit.
That's a percussion instrument that has a few things in common with a drum kit...but that's all. Interesting, nonetheless.

Nate'sKit

The video on facebook started out with the drum pretty heavily processed to sound like something and then went to a short snippet of the "live" outdoor section where it sounded like poop.

JustJames

Platinum Member
Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....

No.

Macarina

Silver Member
Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....

No.
Ditto

Ok, more text to fulfill the minimal neeed of a post

philrudd

10 minutes later...................

Well let's not be hasty - perhaps with a few tweaks, they could improve the durability.

Like what if they used wood for the frames, instead of cardboard? And then just cover the striking surface with a thin plastic sheet. Or better yet, have the plastic BE the striking surface; simply hold the sheet in place using some sort of light metal hoop, fastened to the wood frame. I bet that would sound killer! And it wouldn't turn to mush if you spilled a beer on it, either.

I'm going to email them now. None of you steal this idea, either.

G

Ghostnote

100 Euro for that? Really? Major from-the-ground-up re-think req'd on that one.

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member

No.
Oh, you mean they're serious?

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Seems like as a kid I used some coffee cans, plastic tubs or lids of various sizes, taped aluminum foil for snare. Used any scrap metal and a metal lamp shade for a cymbal.

TK-421

Well let's not be hasty - perhaps with a few tweaks, they could improve the durability.

Like what if they used wood for the frames, instead of cardboard? And then just cover the striking surface with a thin plastic sheet. Or better yet, have the plastic BE the striking surface; simply hold the sheet in place using some sort of light metal hoop, fastened to the wood frame. I bet that would sound killer! And it wouldn't turn to mush if you spilled a beer on it, either.
What I saw had 0% wood and 100% cardboard (other than a few laminated playing surfaces). Hence what will happen in 10 minutes of playing — at least that's what would happen if I played it for 10 min.

But go ahead, add your wood. Then for 200 euros, you can have something that'll last 20 minutes :)

MoreBeer

Silver Member
Seems like as a kid I used some coffee cans, plastic tubs or lids of various sizes, taped aluminum foil for snare. Used any scrap metal and a metal lamp shade for a cymbal.
My mother told me when I was 3 years old (possibly younger) I had a pair of drumsticks that was included with a toy marching drum. After the paper head on the drum ripped in about 5 minutes, she gave me some empty Maxwell House coffee cans to bang on. Much to her dismay, I would sit there for hours banging on them. LOL!

Juniper

Gold Member
That wouldn't last two minutes on the tube commute to gigs in London. I'm out.

Btw, what ply is it? ; )

JustJames

Platinum Member

I'm going to email them now. None of you steal this idea, either.
and then...

What I saw had 0% wood and 100% cardboard (other than a few laminated playing surfaces). Hence what will happen in 10 minutes of playing — at least that's what would happen if I played it for 10 min.

But go ahead, add your wood. Then for 200 euros, you can have something that'll last 20 minutes :)
Here you go TK-421