The Best Drum Brands In Order Are????

Status
Not open for further replies.
But DW are the most expensive and all the cool young drummers use them so they are the best right? :)

In order:

1. The brand that matches the sound in your head and makes you feel confident in your sound every time you sit behind them.

2. The brand that matches the sound in your head and makes you feel confident in your sound every time you sit behind them.

3. The brand that matches the sound in your head and makes you feel confident in your sound every time you sit behind them.

4. The brand that matches the sound in your head and makes you feel confident in your sound every time you sit behind them.

5. The brand that matches the sound in your head and makes you feel confident in your sound every time you sit behind them.

6. The brand that matches the sound in your head and makes you feel confident in your sound every time you sit behind them.

7. The brand that matches the sound in your head and makes you feel confident in your sound every time you sit behind them.

8. The brand that matches the sound in your head and makes you feel confident in your sound every time you sit behind them.

9. The brand that matches the sound in your head and makes you feel confident in your sound every time you sit behind them.

10. The brand that matches the sound in your head and makes you feel confident in your sound every time you sit behind them.

11. All the others.

I think they are all great drum manufactures in their own way. If it pleases your ears then that's all that matters.

When the Beatles were starting to get successful and Brian said it's time for a new drum kit, Ringo intended to get a new Premier kit to replace his old one that went back to the Rory Storm days but chose Ludwig because he happened to see a Ludwig black oyster color chip on the drum store manager's desk. He also chose a Rogers tom mount because Ludwig's sucked.

Like guitars and other instruments, it's not the brand, it's what you can do with it. That makes any brand YOUR brand.

I agree that the answer to the question in the title is "impossible to list because it's too subjective".

In order:

1. The brand that matches the sound in your head and makes you feel confident in your sound every time you sit behind them.

2. The brand that matches the sound in your head and makes you feel confident in your sound every time you sit behind them.

3. The brand that matches the sound in your head and makes you feel confident in your sound every time you sit behind them.

4. The brand that matches the sound in your head and makes you feel confident in your sound every time you sit behind them.

5. The brand that matches the sound in your head and makes you feel confident in your sound every time you sit behind them.

6. The brand that matches the sound in your head and makes you feel confident in your sound every time you sit behind them.

7. The brand that matches the sound in your head and makes you feel confident in your sound every time you sit behind them.

8. The brand that matches the sound in your head and makes you feel confident in your sound every time you sit behind them.

9. The brand that matches the sound in your head and makes you feel confident in your sound every time you sit behind them.

10. The brand that matches the sound in your head and makes you feel confident in your sound every time you sit behind them.

11. All the others.

Sounds good to me that's why I play and endorse Peace both for live and studio acoustic jazz applications. 3 cheers for the excellent in quality and sound but rarely talked about underdogs of drum making!

Yes and just like other stupid "best" threads it comes down to purely a subjective thing for each individual in the end........

Attachments

• Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 71,682
This seems like a really pointless thread...everyone's got different preferences.

You can't just make an absolutely judgement, because different companies do different things better than others.

BUT if I were to do this little survey, I would have to say, of the MAJOR companies, these are the best...

Drums:

1. Pearl/Yamaha
2. Tama
3. Sonor
4. DW
5. Gretsch/Ludwig
6.Mapex
7. ddrum (higher end stuff only)

That being said, I think the hardware lines for some companies are definitely of a higher or lower calibre than the shells they make.

1. Pearl
2. Yamaha
3. DW
4. Tama

Sounds good to me that's why I play and endorse Peace both for live and studio acoustic jazz applications. 3 cheers for the excellent in quality and sound but rarely talked about underdogs of drum making!

Yes and just like other stupid "best" threads it comes down to purely a subjective thing for each individual in the end........

If I was going to single out a WORST drum brand, I would pick Peace. Seriously, oh my god. I have had nothing but hell with all Peace kits. One set that my friend got was missing half the lugs!

And the cymbals... Oh god... They're literally just circles of metal. Totally unhammered. Totally terrible. Never again will I use a Peace kit.

Kalem: sounds like you had a bad experience with a lower-end Peace kit? Steamer uses the high-end bubinga kits. Any company's low-end kits are going to be fraught with potential quality issues. That's why at the end of the day I feel it is only worth one's time to bother with high-end kits--better chance of quality and sound and less chance of problems. You get what you pay for, as they say.

Kalem: sounds like you had a bad experience with a lower-end Peace kit? Steamer uses the high-end bubinga kits. Any company's low-end kits are going to be fraught with potential quality issues. That's why at the end of the day I feel it is only worth one's time to bother with high-end kits--better chance of quality and sound and less chance of problems. You get what you pay for, as they say.

High end yes indeed Robert...... these 2 kits are ANYTHING BUT their bottom end beginner kits.

9 ply AA Flame bubinga in kit #1 and 9 ply Canadian rock maple shells with a phosphor bronze snare in kit #2. Both have spent equal time on the concert stage and the recording studio. Like to hear some pro level CD releases with them Kalem?

I don't judge other companies on their lowest level product offerings...neither should others is my advice.

Attachments

• Stans drumset 027.jpg
    Stans drumset 027.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 71,915
  • Peace Bee-Bopp.jpg
    Peace Bee-Bopp.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 71,584
  • Peace 2 phosphor bronze.jpg
    Peace 2 phosphor bronze.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 71,333
I'm not even gonna make a list, but just one question. Seriously. How does anyone put Pearl ahead of Sonor? I mean, really?

OK, I will make a list. Whatever.

1. Sonor
2. Ludwig
3.DW
4. GMS
5. Tama
6. Spaun
7. Yamaha
8. Gretsch
9. Mapex
10. Pearl

I don't judge other companies on their lowest level product offerings...neither should others is my advice.

I was more just generalising. I wasn't aware that Peace even made high-end, good-quality kits. Nothing against you or Peace.

Sorry 'bout that =)

Too subjective. Is this best vs best or best overall? I absolute terms, it's DW, but for me personally Tama, mainly because of the rock solid hardware that they are known for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back