The Beauty of the Drum Set

Swiss Matthias

Platinum Member
lol - at a gig recently i was sitting at the side during the break with my wife chatting but i couldn't help staring at my kit - she was looking so gorgeous at that angle under those stage lights. my wife grabbed my chin and pulled it around and said 'hey. i'm up here'.
j
Been there done that :)!! Dozens of times! I always stare at my own drumset when it's
set up at venues!

ohiodrummer1964

lol - at a gig recently i was sitting at the side during the break with my wife chatting but i couldn't help staring at my kit - she was looking so gorgeous at that angle under those stage lights. my wife grabbed my chin and pulled it around and said 'hey. i'm up here'.
j
That's hilarious. It sounds like when a guy is looking at a woman's breastesses and she reminds him that her face is up here.

inneedofgrace

Platinum Member
Certainly I see my kit and want to play. But how many of you see your kit and have the urge to take pics of it? I've taken more pics of my drums than my kids. LOL

Especially if the lighting is just right and the kit "pops", highlighting its beautiful sparkle and chrome.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Yea there's not much that can beat the look of a great drum kit under real par lights (not the LED crap)

Sparkboss

I don't always feel this way as I practice and play alot lately and some days I have to tease out the creativity and inspiration. I actually like playing just about any kit though, cheap ones and kits I've never played. It's always interesting exploring the different sounds and feels because it really affects the way I play. And it's fun making a clunky, crappy kit into a musical contraption. A good drummer can make any kit sound good.
Yes! I feel exactly the same way

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Yea there's not much that can beat the look of a great drum kit under real par lights (not the LED crap)
Oy Lar - there's good pro LED stuff too y'know! ;)

At my band practice last night, the sight of my kit encouraged a random "drummer" to wander into our room & pretty much insist he tried it out. I wish he hadn't :(