The Band...One more time

opentune

Platinum Member
Thanks, your thread reminded me I need to pick up Levon Helm's book. I heard it was a good read and just forgot about it.
Yes indeed...great book, unlike Robbie's which was "I, me, mine".
I hope this movie gives some balance. I love the Band and would love to hear the Garth Hudson view, but doubt that will ever happen.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I enjoyed Levon Helm's acting too-played a bunch of roles like Coal Miner's Daughter. He always seemed like a "real person" in one could easily approach and have a nice conversation. Great musician too. Sad for his loss. Life is a Carnival believe it or not.

Steve30907

Yes indeed...great book, unlike Robbie's which was "I, me, mine".
I hope this movie gives some balance. I love the Band and would love to hear the Garth Hudson view, but doubt that will ever happen.
I never really thought much of Robbie's guitar playing. There was so much other cool stuff going on. I think he had to steal credit from those guys because they individually brought so much to the table as multi instrumentalists and being great singers.

beatdat

I enjoyed Levon Helm's acting too-played a bunch of roles like Coal Miner's Daughter. He always seemed like a "real person" in one could easily approach and have a nice conversation. Great musician too. Sad for his loss. Life is a Carnival believe it or not.
He has a memorable little role playing a gun expert in Antoine Fuqua's "Shooter". An inimitable drummer for sure.