The A's are HERE!

Nice dude your kit really looks like something now. I reckon your kit will look really amazing with black pinstripes. As for the head issue though, have you decided you're gonna stop using Performance IIs after reccomending them to me :p. I'll definetly think about replacing my snare head with a hi-energy one though.

Nice dude your kit really looks like something now. I reckon your kit will look really amazing with black pinstripes. As for the head issue though, have you decided you're gonna stop using Performance IIs after reccomending them to me :p. I'll definetly think about replacing my snare head with a hi-energy one though.

Thank you, yeah, the black pinstripes really complete it.

And I'm really sorry about the Performance II recommendation--but never take just one person's advice. The Hi-energy is obviously much better...

Glad to see that you mixing the cymbals up and not staying with just one type. Each cymbal no matter what kind will usually have a home and its own voice in certain settings.

No need to be swayed by the pro purists. As I said before, I prefer B8 range cymbals to higher end ones. As Bob Gatzen says, "If it sounds good to you, it sounds good!"

I am uber jealous of not only your A's, but the fact that you have so many cymbals lol.
That's a comfortable looking cymbal setup you have there. All you need now is a china :p

Even though I haven't played a full set of Zildjians since the 1980s I have a very soft spot for them,particularly the A's and the New Beat hats. Your cymbals look lovely. As for the China: buy whatever you like,whatever sounds the best. Chinese cymbals can be a very demanding buy,it's not easy to find the right sounding one. Good luck with your new gear...

i like your setup but i have one question how do u like the ebony pinstripe because i dont know if i want to get the ebony pinstripes for my toms or the ebony embassdors

i like your setup but i have one question how do u like the ebony pinstripe because i dont know if i want to get the ebony pinstripes for my toms or the ebony embassdors

According to past experiences, it would be best if you got some second opinions, but I personally really like them. I've never put any other type of head on my tom besides Performance IIs though. But the Ebony Pinstripe, if tuned right, is warm, PUNCHY, and looks great. On Tuesday I'll have one for my floor tom.

I'm slowly trading in my Sabian B8's for A's i'm going for the exact same setup but with just the A's not the paiste cymbals. Those are very versitle cymbals,I really like how the thin crashes sound, not too washy but a good ammount of definition in the sound. You get used to the sound very quickly. BTW Nice photos i love when people take photos while they open the package.

I'm slowly trading in my Sabian B8's for A's i'm going for the exact same setup but with just the A's not the paiste cymbals. Those are very versitle cymbals,I really like how the thin crashes sound, not too washy but a good ammount of definition in the sound. You get used to the sound very quickly. BTW Nice photos i love when people take photos while they open the package.

Nice! Yes, for the most part, these cymbals sound basically the stereotypical crash sound, hi hat sound, etc.

And my favorite part of seeing new gear, like you, is the pictures of the boxes being open and the stuff being set up. Unfortunately, they also make me the most jealous, because then you can relate more to it, if that makes sense.

Nice! Yes, for the most part, these cymbals sound basically the stereotypical crash sound, hi hat sound, etc.

That's really because they ARE the stereotypical "cymbal". The A and A custom series are I reckon easily the most popular series of cymbals to be made out of B20 bronze. They're just so versitile.

New cymbals, 24" kick drum back, old drums sold. All in 7 months. You "cleaned up" real nice. Congrats.

New cymbals, 24" kick drum back, old drums sold. All in 7 months. You "cleaned up" real nice. Congrats.

Haha yeah, you're right; I've even almost replaced all of the stock heads! It feels pretty good, and my kit sounds/looks about a million times better. Now the last thing on my checklist is hardware (especially a better double pedal).

In fact, I am selling my PST 3s on craigslist, and I've already gotten 5 people interested. The hi hats are in high demand--but I'm getting a good price for them, $50. The crash is $40 and the ride is $60.

Back