The action and feel of a drumhead?

B

Big Monkey Funk

I love the feeling of electronic drum mesh heads and the sound of plastic reaguler drum heads. Anyone know of a drum company trying to improve on the action and feel of drum heads along with its strength and sound? For some reason I just cant think of a material that is bouncy like mesh heads yet rings like a modern drum head

It would be the best of both worlds. So anyone know of any ground breaking improvements or inventions dealing with the action and feel of the drum head when it is hit? I always love how mesh head throw the stick up quick.

tard

Gold Member
If you prefer the feel of mesh then use a mesh head E kit and get someone to sample the sounds from you favorite acoustic kit tuned up with your favorite heads.

porter

Platinum Member
Ah, rebound. Unfortunately this is something specific to e-kits. Even tuned super-tight I've never got regular heads as elastic as mesh. Unfortunately, I don't believe there are any products like what you're looking for at this time that work with an acoustic kit. But simply tuning your batter heads higher will likely give you more rebound.

Last edited:

toddmc

Gold Member
If you prefer the feel of mesh then use a mesh head E kit and get someone to sample the sounds from you favorite acoustic kit tuned up with your favorite heads.
Can't think of a simpler way than this. There's bound to be existing VST's out there with the sounds you're looking for (or very close to it).