The 10 Biggest Jerk Drummers of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
From 2013, but seems deadly accurate:

1 hit wonder

No Buddy or Ginger?
Buddy's gone too long.

There used to be a joke told that Buddy's widow would answer the home phone and a male caller would ask to speak to Buddy.
She would reply, I'm sorry, but Buddy has died. And the caller would thank her and hang up.
Then later he called again asking for Buddy and the widow politely told him the same thing. He thanked her and hung up.
This happened repeatedly and she finally stated Look you sick son of a b, I already told you that Buddy died!
The man on the phone replied, I know and I'm sorry. But I just can't stop myself from wanting to hear the good news over and over.

Chris Whitten

Silver Member
First, why do people who presumably have an interest in drums post such c**p. Let's celebrate drummers, not find vague and dumb reasons to slag them off.
Second, it's pure click bait.
Third, Terry Bozzio at #10, JUST because they think his drum set is too big. Bozzio is an absolutely fantastic drummer who has done a lot to further the cause of music and drums in his life. Recently in Youtube interviews he comes across as a genuine and kind soul.
Patrick Carney? Mainly because he's spoken out against Spotify. Well it's a free world with free speech. Spotify pays the vast majority of musicians a pittance for their hard work. Meanwhile Spotify executives are swanning around in limos and investing millions in Pharma, instead of investing back into new music and young musicians. they deserve all the criticism they get.

1 hit wonder

Spotify pays the vast majority of musicians a pittance for their hard work. Meanwhile Spotify executives are swanning around in limos and investing millions in Pharma, instead of investing back into new music and young musicians. they deserve all the criticism they get.

Interesting. Spotify sucks then.

I've witnessed Terry once at a clinic and spoken to him. He's a focused, serious person and a helpful educator. I didn't get jerk vibes from him. He was pressed on the Steve Via issue by someone else attending on how it was working with Steve without Frank and Terry explained that he was ok working with Via, but Via approached him as Frank would, as a superior and director, and his response was that Steve isn't Frank and he (Terry) wasn't comfortable at that point and perhaps in that position.

Supergrobi

Technical Supervisor
Staff member
Calgary Flames Sport GIF by Sealed With A GIF

Lesson #1: "How to start a thread being closed in no time in 1 simple step"

1 hit wonder

I'll have to apologize when I see him. :D

I've wondered if the guy asking read of issues between Terry and Steve.
Somebody asked if he'd ever do a commercial thing like Missing Persons again. I dont recall his full answer but do rememeber him replying that he and Dale were done-done, so no MP to ever return.

Last edited:
Sorry to those who had trouble with The Dallas Observer's page.

10. Terry Bozzio

9. Meg White

8. Travis Barker

7. The Mad Drummer

6. Patrick Carney (Black Keys)

5. Phil Collins (Sussudio)

4. Steve Adler (ex-Guns ‘n Roses)

3. Animal (The Muppets)

2. Tommy Lee

1. Lars Ulrich

Again, it's from 2013, and I think recent events have helped confirm some of the results.

I'm not sure any drummer is unassailable. Some of the things said by Bozzio, the Missing Persons founder, are a bit cringe. For example:

"Sometimes I feel like a one man crusade against the devaluation of music in America and culture in the arts."

1 hit wonder

The industry isn't known for promoting quality as a main interest.

He struck me as pretty confident, but he was famously successful at landing some gigs for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.