The 10 Best Singing Drummers In Rock History (Article)

ToneT

Most beautiful voices...

Phil Collins
Don Henley
Karen Carpenter
Deen Castronovo
Buddy Miles

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Well the singer of my friends country band now plays the drums for all their songs on a cocktail kit-sounds great. Drumming is so easy even a singer can do it. Well I'm not against drummers who sing but that said I'm against drummers who sing as in they are really singers and now taking over the drum slot too the greedy MFers. Who needs a drummer when you have a good singer who can drum too. I suggest all of us drummers unite and start singing and working to take the singers slot before the sneaky lil twits steal all our gigs. Double duty we should get double pay-because lead singer and drummer. Bo can be our resource manager to help us find our way to singing paradise -so we will all be song birds and great drummers. I want to see the last of a singer taking a drummer slot. We don't play and practice for years for some singer to take our place-so we have to strike first and drive their extinction before they ours.

s1212z

Narada Michael Walden sings.

Levon's grooves are amazing with a soulful voice, but I would have to credit Phil C. here for the 'win' for iconic songwriting/singing while making the drum iconic as well, I mean he made the drum the riff for In the Air Tonight.

I sing like dog but I did take some vocal lesson for back harmonies at one point. It's fun to play and sing

SharkSandwich

Lenny Kravitz is worth an honorable mention since he plays on all of his albums.

BonsaiMagpie

The Rev, former drummer from Avenged Sevenfold, was pretty amazing. I've seen some incredible footage I can't put my hands on right now.