That's How Country Boys Roll

I liked it a bunch, actually!

I played in a Country band as well from 1984 - 1989. Had enough work to allow me to just play and teach music as a fulltime job. It was tremendous experience for a kid just out of highschool who was trying to gain playing/gigging experience. That opened doors to a gazillion different opportunities that came after.

Looking back, I would have done it all over again if provided the same opportunity.

I liked it a bunch, actually!

I played in a Country band as well from 1984 - 1989. Had enough work to allow me to just play and teach music as a fulltime job. It was tremendous experience for a kid just out of highschool who was trying to gain playing/gigging experience. That opened doors to a gazillion different opportunities that came after.

Looking back, I would have done it all over again if provided the same opportunity.

Hey, that's awesome! This particular band worked a lot, too. Not enough so I could make a living, but it was a good chunk of income. I found the crowds at country venues to be very appreciative, and boy do they love to dance! I don't listen to country music normally, but like you, I found it a great experience to play in a country band.

Thanks for the comment. :)

Hey, that's awesome! This particular band worked a lot, too. Not enough so I could make a living, but it was a good chunk of income. I found the crowds at country venues to be very appreciative, and boy do they love to dance! I don't listen to country music normally, but like you, I found it a great experience to play in a country band.

Thanks for the comment. :)
Great recording. Don’t listen to country normally, but if I had my choice of bands around me, I’ll take the country one every time. I’ve only been in one country band so far, but every gig was a great vibe with people dancing and having a great time. Just haven’t had anywhere near that experience with any other genre.

I have to agree with the comments so far. Several years ago my bass player and I were hired on with a country band. Neither of us had ever played country before. But the years I spent with that band were some of the best I've had, and for the same reasons as you guys: steady work, decent pay, good crowds. I loved it. Immediately after that band moved to another state, I was hired for another country band of young musicians, one of whom was a winner of the Nashville songwriting contest. Once again I had some very good years.

Don't ever pass up the opportunity to work with a good country band. It's a LOT of fun.

GeeDeeEmm

Sounds nice, man! Takes me back a bit, too. I've played country on and off since the late 90's. Got to record a few demo albums for some local artists and opened for some big names when they came through town. I was just in a "rockin' country" band for the last 5 years but left just over a year ago after a lot of turnover in personnel. I was just looking at some GoPro videos that I took at some performances with them and this song was among them. Always liked playing that tune. I'll get some clips posted eventually.

Back