Thank You!

Drummin'Horn

First post, and very grateful for the site and expertise all over. I completed a 7 year gig as a worship drummer, which was an amazing experience. We purchased a Premier XPK and it is a very good kit. I had not played in years and was surprised at all I remembered.

I was able to get a Yamaha Stage Custom for Christmas. This is my first kit since I began as a youth, years ago. After searching, and ending up purchasing one from CL for $350 (5 pc. fusion, 22" bass; hardware/stands included), I began to search even more regarding the set. This site helped reveal it is a Yamaha SC with the Birch/ Philippine Mahogany/Falkata construction. There is much discussion regarding if it is an Advantage (plain badge), and this site helped me narrow it down. Heck, as y'all pointed out, even Yamaha's communication is a bit inconsistent regarding these particular kits.

Anyway, I am very pleased and am waiting for new cymbals to be delivered (Wuhan standard), mutes and all new Remo batters/resos. The reviews of these kits are very strong regarding their reliability, construction, sound and versatility and when tuned properly, sound like much higher end kits. I will add as I go and might even end up reselling this one for the later 100% Birch SC kits. We shall see…

I wanted to give y'all just props for your excellent posts, information, links and advice. I look forward to visiting often.

Peace,

welcome home brother

we will make room at the table for ya

scoot down uncle Larry .......and thats my fork !

welcome home brother

we will make room at the table for ya

scoot down uncle Larry .......and thats my fork !

If he wants, he can come sit with us at the kid's table. We have more fun, anyway.

What's for diner?

)

More importantly, what's for dessert?

Welcome Horn! Glad to have you... don't let us scare you off, were not nearly as crazy as we seem. Okay, maybe we are...but we have lots of fun and there's always room for one more. C',mon guys, scootch over and let me in. I don't bite...usually.

Welcome Horn! Glad to have you... don't let us scare you off, were not nearly as crazy as we seem. Okay, maybe we are...but we have lots of fun and there's always room for one more. C',mon guys, scootch over and let me in. I don't bite...usually.

if you are heading to the fridge would you grab me a beer please?

and who is playing footsies with me under the table.......is that you Watso ?

Y'all are very generous, and funny! I always sit at the kid's table when visiting for the holidays, much more entertaining and not so serious!!

Wow, even with so many, there's plenty of elbow room for feasting. Yes, dessert please!!

and who is playing footsies with me under the table.......is that you Watso ?

Uh, no... I mean, er, I was uh, practicing bass drum patterns... Unless you... Well, never mind.

Ice cream!!!

if you are heading to the fridge would you grab me a beer please?

If you dared played the Christmas quiz, you'll already got one in your hand

Make that 2 Mary while you're at it :)

No, sorry. Those was my clown shoes.

Oh, I thought those were your clown shoes, sorry my bad :)

Uh, no... I mean, er, I was uh, practicing bass drum patterns... Unless you... Well, never mind.

Watso, stop lurking that leopard print so intensively!!! :)

Sorry about that Horn, it's not that I wanted to hijack the thread, but a man has got to do what a man has to do...

Oh, and wait until you meet the Mighty Pollyanna... :)

Attachments

• Mighty Pollyanna.jpg
    Mighty Pollyanna.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 133
Welcome to the table :) So long as you're on a diet of gear, - more gear, - less gear, someone else's gear, & avoid milk, seatbelts, any post title that includes the words "best"/ feel vs. chops / jazz / sub genres of metal, or Dr_Watso, you'll be fine ;) ;) ;)

7 year gig! Awe man, I'm hurting after 3 hours!

kis that's some good stuff right there. Yep, 7 years because it was an amazing lifestyle change for me; got the Premier kit when services were held at a local elementary school, changed locales until we actually built the building where the church sits now. I missed 2 Sundays total, so it was definitely more on than off. The lovely wife has asked if I plan to gig with a worship band and I would like to, it is a great vehicle to learn and grow in many ways.

Advice taken and thanks!

Peace,

kis that's some good stuff right there. Yep, 7 years because it was an amazing lifestyle change for me; got the Premier kit when services were held at a local elementary school, changed locales until we actually built the building where the church sits now. I missed 2 Sundays total, so it was definitely more on than off. The lovely wife has asked if I plan to gig with a worship band and I would like to, it is a great vehicle to learn and grow in many ways.

Advice taken and thanks!

Peace,
Sounds like a good plan to me :) No need to take that advice, just a bit of forum humor :) (well, except the bit about Dr_Watso) ;)

Imagine the rehearsals :)
Some of our rehearsals seem like they've taken 7 years ;)

No need to take that advice, just a bit of forum humor :) (well, except the bit about Dr_Watso) ;)

Pay no attention to this. Dr Watso is a fine example of maturity and good taste. He only rarely talks about himself in the 3rd person, and is perfectly safe when supervised.

Back