Terry's outfit!

MikeM

Platinum Member
when was the last time you played (in public,) wearing what Terry is wearing ..?
If I looked like he did in that video, I probably would too. I'm sure he didn't have any trouble finding post-show action. Anyway, it was part of the zany mad-cap Zappa schtick, wasn't it?

C

Crazy8s

Umm, it gets hot while playing like a fiend underneath hot stage lights? Maybe that is why he is only wearing shorts.

Didn't it kinda turn you on a little bit? It did me! Terry is a bad muthaf'er! I've even had dinner with him. Good guy!

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
Agree with Mike, Zappa's musos can get away with anything. If Terry was drumming with, say, Kenny G's band band then it might be considered a tad inappropriate. If he was at the beach, his friends might tell him to lose the budgie smugglers and buy hmself a pair of board shorts ...

PFOG, they say that bisexal impulses are more common than not, just that we usually don't act on them. After all, we're all made out of skin ... and Terry was showing off a lot of it :)

C

Crazy8s

Turned on by Terry.....Sharing the "man love"....jesus my friend, anything else you wanna tell us? :)
Hey, he is a good looking guy and an amazing drummer! Whats not to like?

Me and my wife shared dinner with him, his tech Wayne, a very nice woman from MD mag and a coworker of mine from GC. It was a good time and we got to see hundeds of pics that the reporter had brought of Terry from throughout the years.

Why does everybody keep relating me to Jesus? I am Kevin. Jesus is my brother. Yours too.

Enjoy your evening!

Kevin

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
Hey, he is a good looking guy and an amazing drummer! Whats not to like?

Me and my wife shared dinner with him, his tech Wayne, a very nice woman from MD mag and a coworker of mine from GC. It was a good time and we got to see hundeds of pics that the reporter had brought of Terry from throughout the years.

Why does everybody keep relating me to Jesus? I am Kevin. Jesus is my brother. Yours too.

Peace.
I meant you no harm, my friend. It was just a gentle ribbing from a bloke who clearly has too much time on his hands today and not enough threads to reccommend "what the best drum key for metal tuning" is. No disrespect intened.

No brother of mine Kevin, we struggle to agree on much at all......you must be referring to my parents.

I serve only one god, mate.......the one who truely knows what's best for me.........ME!! :)

C

Crazy8s

I serve only one god, mate.......the one who truely knows what's best for me.........ME!! :)
Serve no other, for only you can know the truth. Just remember to hug your family, because they are pretty important too, and love your neighbors too, and their neighbors, etc...

Oh, I know you were just teasing. Are you a Zappa fan? Zappa made such great tunes with a brilliant message behind each and every one of them! I miss him, but atleast I've got his music to remind me.

Have a good night! :)

Nodiggie

Gold Member
Nope, can't remember the last public show. However, I think I just may try it at rehearsal this week. If it goes well I will seriously consider my Guicci undies for all my shows this summer.

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
I've worn some questionable outfits on stage, but I've never worn that little.

But I suppose if I had the body for it, maybe I'd reconsider.

Adrian Young of No Doubt often wore nothing but his underwear on stage.

bonzolead

Platinum Member
I've worn some questionable outfits on stage, but I've never worn that little.

But I suppose if I had the body for it, maybe I'd reconsider.

Adrian Young of No Doubt often wore nothing but his underwear on stage.
No doubt that was disgusting LMAO

Bonzolead

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
It reminds me of the classic dream...you have a really important event to attend and you show up in your underwear.
I've played shirtless before but not pantless. And nowhere near that good either.
For an encore he really should have whipped it out and used it as a stick.
That would make Bonhams hand playing seem tame right?

druid

Silver Member
What I want to know is, how did such a dynamic, energetic drummer, turn into what he is now?
I'd say he is still energetic...dynamic....but with more of a framework....even his material with full orchestra has alot of fire behind it. His solo Live DVD has alot of fire to as as well.

he just does not play with as much youthful recklessness....maybe.