We have a manager now. Didn't have one before.
I’m in the less is more camp now more than I’ve ever been. I used to be big into playing prog rock in my teens and twenties, but now I really enjoy less over the top stuff. I still listen to my old faves, but don’t have much interest in playing that stuff any more.
Man that was an amazing 10 years for you! Congratulations. I like the formatting on your post too.
- Running a commercial recording studio producing local bands ---(10 yrs.)---> Running a software company solving problems for the big brands
- Developing software for fun (and for running my studio) in my spare time ---(10 yrs.)---> Recording stuff that makes me happy in my spare time
- Playing festivals over summer time, multiple gigs a week ---(10 yrs.)---> Playing no gigs at all
- Playing like a Delmag Dieselbär ---(10 yrs.)---> developed my left hand over last two years 1h/d on a practice pad, improving my chops big time, playing much more relaxed and a tiny bit more playful (still prefer a steady, band-oriented, supportive beat)
- TAMA Superstar 12/16/20 ---(10 yrs.)---> DW Collectors 12/13/16/18/24
- Using cheapest mics in a dead studio, doing everything with plug-ins ---(10 yrs.)---> Using decent mics in a well balanced room, using plug-ins homeopathically
- Smoking 25 cigarettes and 5 joints and having 3l of coffee a day, weighting close to 70kg, looking like a bird scarer ---(10 yrs.)---> no tobacco at all, one cup of coffee in the morning, developed average amount of muscles and an overall normal body
- Existing in a loud, stinky and overwhelming city, watching skinny girls walk by ---(10 yrs.)---> Living on the quiet and calm countryside, watching birds, hedgehogs, raccoons and bees
- Being a single for ~20 yrs. ---(10 yrs.)---> found the love of my life, getting married next year