Tell us about your 15 minutes of fame that Andy Warhol promised us

Read up above I just downloaded the paper that they handed me, very interesting.

yeah...that might be our vacation spot this summer....if fI come up, we should meet or lunch!!!

Reactions: A J
I also was on Buddy Rich's tour bus that was in front of Sir Morgan's Cove on Green Street, Worcester, MA when he handed me a pair of his drumsticks.

Drummer_D

yeah...that might be our vacation spot this summer....if fI come up, we should meet or lunch!!!
Where is your vacation spot? I'm in good old Worcester, MA. Why waste time, I have two kits set up... we can jam!

Speaking of 15 min of fame, anyone remember this 1999 album by Sugar Ray? I just recently connected the dots...

Sugar Ray – 14:59 (1999, CD) - Discogs

Hasn't happened in the way Andy talked about. I've been appreciated for what I do, but as far as "Fame"...no.

Where is your vacation spot? I'm in good old Worcester, MA. Why waste time, I have two kits set up... we can jam!

don't know yet....we usually solidify plans right after Christmas.

and there would DEFIITELY be a jam involved!!!

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, when I was stationed on the original Death Star, some camera crew shows up one day claiming to be filming a "documentary" and asked if I wouldn't mind being in it. I said sure, and next thing you know I get lured onto some piece of junk space ship where I'm shot and stripped of my helmet and armor, after which some blond-headed dude puts it on and pretends he's me. I was only on camera for a few seconds, but my helmet and armor were shown for at least 15 minutes. That's gotta count for something, right?

If fame means "being known OF, by an inordinate number of people you've never actually met", then maybe Andy was inadvertently predicting this current age wherein we all enjoy that definition. Remember, he used the word "fame" not "celebrity", which is how everyone seems to interpret it.

It makes for an anti-climatic result, but then again, how can we all be celebrities? If everyone were special, then nobody would be.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, when I was stationed on the original Death Star, some camera crew shows up one day claiming to be filming a "documentary" and asked if I wouldn't mind being in it. I said sure, and next thing you know I get lured onto some piece of junk space ship where I'm shot and stripped of my helmet and armor, after which some blond-headed dude puts it on and pretends he's me. I was only on camera for a few seconds, but my helmet and armor were shown for at least 15 minutes. That's gotta count for something, right?
They'd have to prise my helmet from my cold, dead hand...

Not 15 min , more like a few seconds, I was in the opening intro to the reality show The Super Nanny.
I never saw it myself but my daughters, wife , friends , family and neighbors saw it . Occasionally I’d get recognized from it by random people . I found it all kinda ridiculous and amusing 😂.

Been in a few pics in the major newspapers and in the tv news a few times at some major crimes and rescue scenario’s while at work .

And I’d occasionally be seen and recognized from the NYC ST. Patrick’s day parade playing snare in my bagpipe band by people but mostly by family friends and people from around my neighborhood .

Had to issue a summons to one of
“John Mclanes” 😉daughters . Actual names withheld. ( if you know, you know) Besides it was nothing real serious and she was more than understanding of the situation I was in being my supervisor was on scene and a dozen other people were involved also .

So famous? Not by a long shot 😂. But I have been recognized by strangers from the above 🤷🏻‍♂️. That and a metro card will get me on the subway though. 😂

Last edited:
Back