TD-1K or TD-1DMK?

Honken

I'm about to buy a electronic drumkit but I have a hard time choosing one! I want a kinda cheap one but still one that gives a great sound!

TD-1K is cheaper, but only like 200 dollars cheaper than TD-1DMK, so maybe it is worth the 200 dollars?
But my question is, what is the biggest difference on these two?

I do have experience in drumming, but first time buying electronic!

Gottliver

I have a td1dmk. It’s fine for quiet practice. Feels better than the 1k. Same module though, so the up charge is for all mesh heads and the rack. It also has an extra connection for a third cymbal. But you need to supply a bass drum pedal. So factor that in.

Honken

I have a td1dmk. It’s fine for quiet practice. Feels better than the 1k. Same module though, so the up charge is for all mesh heads and the rack. It also has an extra connection for a third cymbal. But you need to supply a bass drum pedal. So factor that in.
Thanks for the answer!

What is it that feels better with the TD1DMK if I may ask?

Shedboyxx

Silver Member
As stated the main difference are the mesh heads on the TD-1DMK. Most players whether they feel $200 is a good value or not like to play on mesh heads. If you don't or it doesn't matter then save the money and get the TD-1

Honken

As stated the main difference are the mesh heads on the TD-1DMK. Most players whether they feel $200 is a good value or not like to play on mesh heads. If you don't or it doesn't matter then save the money and get the TD-1
Alright. Any opinions on the
Alesis Command Mesh Kit
?

Paul_MovementDrumCo

I played on electronic kits growing up and i personally loved playing on the mesh surface. The extra $200 dollars in the long run is not a lot if you use it for years to come. Definitely get the DMK if you had to choose between the two!