Tama Warlord Masai Kit. Thats right, Kit. Not just snare :)

Just watched your video. That's great playing man!
Thankyou very much for watching!!

Are those G1's or G2's on the kit?
Sounds AND looks awesome man. Great playing too... The Mars Volta is a blast lol
Coated G2 Batters, Clear G1 Resos on the Toms, Power Centre Reverse Dot/Hazy 300 on the Snare and Remo Clear PowerStroke 3Batter /Evans EQ3 Reso on the Kick. Thankyou!
Yup, they're one of my favorite bands.

Wow! Congratulations. I'm sure having such an special kit makes it an absolute joy to practise. If you're 17 and you've already had the kit for 2 years, I'm scared to think how far all that practising will take you in 2 more. Thomas Pridgen in no time. Keep rocking man.

It's hard to not practice to be honest, due to my very flexible school schedule, i'm able to practice 4-6 hours a day. So yeah that's (hopefully) in the realm of possibility.

amazing finish, but ugh i hate tama lugs

What!?! Blaspheme! although I guess you are entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it may be...... ;)

dont you wish now though that they made an iron cobra remote hat :p

Like you wouldn't believe, even if i could find some of the previous models Tama had produced I`d be happy. (the kind Mike Portnoy used on his Siamese Monster). although I`m not complaining, the Pearl RH-2000 is wicked. (and cheaper than the DW version)

i like the cup holder.

It`s my favorite piece of hardware. So convenient. Even though I do have a table right behind me. Lol.

-Jonathan

I can haz?
That is absolutley beautiful. The snare must be good as a lot of big names use it so I can only imagine the kit is great.

recon you could email tama for a custom order :p

Geez man, that's insanely expensive.

I'm jealous, I just have my Pearl Exports and not even half the stuff you have.

Congrats either way.

Hi! I would like to congratulate you on making me cry!

hehe sorry ;)

Speaking of crying, when I first got them, I was playing so much, my stepmother was practically in tears, not in the good way, I was driving her up the wall. Good times.

-Jonathan

If you dont mind me asking, how did you afford this and how long did it take to save up?

its beautiful

After the first couple of pics i thought to myself, "wow, tama has really outdone themselves, totally invisable drums". :)~

UPDATE: Received a Wuhan 12" China and a Zildjian A Sweet Ride 21" for Christmas, In addition, with some of the money I received I placed an order for some Pearl Demon Drive Double Pedals!! pics will be up as soon as the Pedals come in! (should be sometime this next weekend)

and thankyou all, for all the wonderful comments!!

-Jonathan

That is one of the most beautiful drum kits I have ever seen! TAMA make incredible drums. I nearly bought a Warlord snare a couple of weeks ago but ended up getting a Starclassic Bubinga Exotix Koa instead.

I will never forgive myself for selling my Starclassic maple kit. It was a foolish move but I learned from it. Before you ever sell that kit, think long and hard.

Thank you so much for sharing.

"...and bang goes the dynamite."

That is one of the most beautiful drum kits I have ever seen! TAMA make incredible drums. I nearly bought a Warlord snare a couple of weeks ago but ended up getting a Starclassic Bubinga Exotix Koa instead.

I will never forgive myself for selling my Starclassic maple kit. It was a foolish move but I learned from it. Before you ever sell that kit, think long and hard.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Well I always hear about how people regret selling their first kit, so I'm gonna learn from their mistakes and NEVER sell it. the cymbals and the rack maybe, but not the drums. thankyou for taking the time to look at my kit!! I'd love to see some pics of your LE koa. then we should start a Tama Limited Edition Kit Thread, and take over Drummer World. Muhahahah!!!

......oh and i have some pics of my new pedals and cymbals ready to put up.....

-Jonathan

Well I have yet to take photos of my new snares. I recently got three. I have around 32 or 33 snares. I cannot really remember. I took some photos of ones I own one day when I borrowed the shop's digital camera and went to the studio where I stored some of my gear. I ran out of room on the camera, but you can see some of my snares in the Good Snare thread. My other equipment was kept in another studio so I have no shots of that gear.

My first kit was a maxwin. I have no regrets about selling it. ;-)

Again, lovely, gorgeous drums!

So this years Christmas was a very good haul for me. My mom and step dad (who finally seems to be supporting me by doing more than just putting up with alllllll the racket) bought me a wonderful Zildjian Avedis Sweet Ride 21" and I must say, that is the dream ride cymbal sound I've always had in my head (for a crashable ride). Its wonderfully diverse.

My best friend and roommate went and got me a wicked little 12" Wuhan china that is the perfect cymbal for quick trashy accents. It's much better than my Max Stax by a mile. I have it similar to Gavin Harrisons 12" china placement and I've been having fun doing alternating china patterns (now i have 3 of 'em).

And my Pops (whom I truly love very dearly) and his girlfriend went and paid for part of my brand spanking new Pearl Demon Drive Double Pedals. (They just came in today and i picked 'em at late this evening so I'm still dialing them in). The DD's are by far the best pedals I've played so far, in all my 16 years of playing. Super customizable and the Z-Link is outta this world. I literally cant feel any difference between my right and left pedals. No lag what so ever. Its like Pearl designed a custom set of pedals for me.

I also filmed a quick video giving a short tour of my kit so you can get a better idea of how I have it set-up. As soon as it's up on youtube I'll post the link here for those that are interested.

Alright so enough yapping, here's some pics! (also I've updated the specs at the bottom of the page)

-Jonathan

Attachments

• Tama Warlord DW 19.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 19.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 31,021
  • Tama Warlord DW 20.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 20.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 7,706
  • Tama Warlord DW 21.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 21.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 7,630
  • Tama Warlord DW 22.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 22.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 7,690
  • Tama Warlord DW 23.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 23.jpg
    415.8 KB · Views: 10,268
  • Tama Warlord DW 24.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 24.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 7,576
  • Tama Warlord DW 25.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 25.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 8,061
  • Tama Warlord DW 26.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 26.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 7,422
  • Tama Warlord DW 27.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 27.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 7,507
  • Tama Warlord DW 28.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 28.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 28,161
Is it wrong that I want to have sex with it?

Is it wrong that I want to have sex with it?

No, it is perfectly natural. And it wont nag you. ;-)

Glad you like the DD pedals P. Pearl has done well there. Mate that kit is something else!

Want to swap it for a couple of nice snares? They are very nice. ;-)

So this years Christmas was a very good haul for me. My mom and step dad (who finally seems to be supporting me by doing more than just putting up with alllllll the racket) bought me a wonderful Zildjian Avedis Sweet Ride 21" and I must say, that is the dream ride cymbal sound I've always had in my head (for a crashable ride). Its wonderfully diverse.

Hey mate, sorry if i'm hearing this wrong but it sounds like you're being a bit ungrateful to your step dad here, i mean surely the most you can ask of anyone is to put up with the racket? You're very lucky to have got all this stuff on top of what you had already, i mean hell my friend got little better than a CD for christmas one year.

Back