Tama Starclassic Bubinga/Birch VS Sonor Force

marc716

Hi folks,

I need your help!!!

I can't choose between 2 drums..

I could on one side buy a USED (bought in 2010) 6 pieces Tama starclassic Bubinga/Birch Drum that come with 4 cymbals stand + pedal for 2000$.

And on the other side buy a 8 pieces (2 bass drum) Sonor Force 2007 brand new, with all hardware 2 pedals, 4 boom stand 1 HH stand for about 1800$.

I'm intermediate/advanced drummer and I'm looking to play some hard rock/metal stuff and some rock groove too!

What would you do?!

Thanks!
Marc-Antoine

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Tamas definitely. But I'm biased. I also did own a Force 3007 too, that went to help pay for my Tamas.

RobertM

Platinum Member
The Tamas, without question. The SC B/B kits are stronger than the Force kits, I think. Better hardware, construction, etc. If you were considering the B/B's against the Sonor S-Classix, then that would be a tougher call.

A

audiotech

If I had to make the choice it would be the Tama Starclassic B/B. I've played one quite a few times and they would fit into most musical genres, including rock and metal. In my opinion there is no need to be lugging around two bass drums when double pedals are available. In just about any area I can think of, the B/B will out rank the Force kit in sound, hardware and manufacturing, but again the B/B is a bit more expensive.. but worth it.

Dennis

marc716

Hi guys,

I wanna know your opinion about this set I found:

5 pieces Tama Buginga/Birch USED (bought in 2008 so probly made in japan at this time) 10/12/14/16/22 NO HARDWARE INCLUDED I've dealed the price at 1000$ is that a good deal? The drum looks to be in mint condition by the picture.

xl1

Hi guys,

5 pieces Tama Buginga/Birch USED (bought in 2008 so probly made in japan at this time) 10/12/14/16/22 NO HARDWARE INCLUDED I've dealed the price at 1000$ is that a good deal? The drum looks to be in mint condition by the picture.
still a good deal IMO, get the tama one, B/B sound is quite different with other wood, i love it

eclipseownzu

Gold Member
Hi guys,

If you dont get it let me know where it is and I will buy it. That is a great deal deal for a truely Professional level drum set.